INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View: Howto automate view position in Theater Mode? (COM, MCWS etc)  (Read 2572 times)

masterjoe

• World Citizen

There are many ways to automate MC. However I didn't find any way to navigate to a specific view position in Theater Mode using any kind of automation. Maybe I missed it?

What I want to do and why:
My HTPC runs MC and Eventghost (for automation). As MC does not remember the last view position between reboots I have to navigate there manually every time the computer is rebooted. That's not so cool when watching series. What I want is to make MC remember where I was and then to navigate there automatically every time the Theater Mode starts so that watching the next episode of the current series becomes a snap.

The following things are required:
(1) Start MC in Theater Mode (easy).
(2) Find out the current Theater Mode view position in order to store / remember it (in a config file etc).
(3) Set the stored Theater View position using any kind of automation.

As (1) is easy I move on to (2):
Using MCWS I can find out where I am in Theater Mode using the function http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/UserInterface/Info

It gives me something like this:

Code: [Select]
<Response Status="OK">
  <Item Name="Mode">3</Item>
  <Item Name="InternalMode">-994</Item>
  <Item Name="ViewDisplayName">Files\Series</Item>
  <Item Name="SelectionDisplayName">Horror</Item>
</Response>

So now I know where I am in Theater Mode and could store this position which is the value from ViewDisplayName.

Regarding (3) ... there seems to be no API function in MC that allows me to SET this value back again (e.g. after a reboot) so that I could navigate there automatically...?

Or did I miss something?
Or is there any other way to make MC remember the last Theater View position so that I always start at the previous view position even after rebooting the system?

Thx.

masterjoe

• World Citizen

No one?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

MC has some options for startup.  Try "Last Location". 

masterjoe

• World Citizen

I already have this setting active but that's not the final solution.

It just doesn't work when restarting the PC or when MC has crashed and then restarting MC.

2nd I want to automate the view position using Eventghost (or any other 3rd party app).
I would like to be able to navigate somewhere at any time (e.g. using my remote controller's "shortcut" buttons).
And this navigation should be something like "teleporting" me there.

I would do the programming with Eventghost myself but currently there is no way to tell MC where to go?

masterjoe

• World Citizen

Well obviously this is not possible - yet.
But it's a very handy feature for making some remote control buttons direct jump shortcuts into MC's library (sub)views.

I've added it to the "Too Easy" thread here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98734.msg689825#msg689825

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

In the interim, you can jump to locations like Audio / TV etc but you would then need to program key strokes to automate the navigation deeper.
JRiver CEO Elect

masterjoe

• World Citizen

In the interim, you can jump to locations like Audio / TV etc but you would then need to program key strokes to automate the navigation deeper.

However when the library layout changes the keystrokes must be reprogrammed again - a truely tedious job. I would love to see a dedicated "deep" jump command which can jump down to the deepest folder that's possible (or even jump to a file to be played) so that changing any automation is no longer "work".

Also as MCWS can tell me where I am within the library structure I could program Eventghost in a way so that it captures that location and stores it for my shortcut button automatically. This way an interactive programming using only my remote control becomes possible!

Imagined Scenario:
I could press a dedicated "store shortcut" button on my remote and then press a number key afterwards. Eventghost would use MCWS to find out the current location and associates it with the pressed number key. Later when I press this number the new jump command allows me to go there with no effort at all :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up