INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switch speakers when loading JRiver MC  (Read 1575 times)

wla2000

• Recent member
Switch speakers when loading JRiver MC
« on: August 22, 2015, 02:36:57 pm »

As a long time user of Windows Media Center, I had a plug-in from some French developer that automatically switched to my TV speakers when the computer's default speaker was its own little speaker.  Does such a feature exist in JRiver MC?  If my computer's default speaker is speaker A and I want to always enable speaker B when starting MC, I want speaker B to become the default speaker at that time.  Without this automatic feature, I have to get off of my couch (7 feet away from my computer mind you), and fuss with the default speaker applet to switch things around.  Too much exercise for my feeble body!  

Any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Switch speakers when loading JRiver MC
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 02:45:11 pm »

Zoneswitch can send output to one location for audio and another for video.  It's on the wiki.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 04:29:07 pm »

I'm trying to understand your need.  Would it be accurate to summarize your request this way:  "I want MC to use a specific audio device, independently of what Windows is using for sound." ?

If so, just select the audio device you want to use in MC's audio setup, and you're done.  Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device

Brian.

wla2000

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 04:43:46 pm »

I'm trying to understand your need.  Would it be accurate to summarize your request this way:  "I want MC to use a specific audio device, independently of what Windows is using for sound." ?

If so, just select the audio device you want to use in MC's audio setup, and you're done.  Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device

Brian.
Actually that wasn't exactly my request, but it's better than what I was hoping for.  The plugin I am accustomed to switched the audio from Windows' default to the TV speaker.  But in the process it switched Windows' default speaker, a not-always-desired effect.  Your solution leaves my Windows default alone for my "normal" computing needs, and only engages the TV speaker when JRiver is in action. 

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

joa_mb190

• Recent member
  • bubba
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 04:45:31 am »

Try SSD – Set Sound Device v1.3
http://funk.eu/ssd/

//jonas
Pages: [1]   Go Up