INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need basic help  (Read 2102 times)

ispec2

• Recent member
Need basic help
« on: August 22, 2015, 08:46:50 am »

Very new to this and am very frustrated. I currently have media center 20 installed . I purchased 21 and it is downloaded. How do I use it? Do I have to uninstall 20 first? Been screwing around with this way too long. Help please.
Thank you

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Need basic help
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 09:16:54 am »

Download.  Install.  Run.

P

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 09:31:33 am »

Just ask the question.

... and I would add, describe your steps to get to the question(s) you do ask. Without that basic detail, it's simply not possible for anyone to guess your issue(s).

For the very basics, go here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Getting_Started
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

ispec2

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 07:17:59 am »

I go to my download file, click on open, get the message do you want to allow the following program jriver 21 to make changes , I click yes , I get the JRiver page saying the software has been automatically installed. Then what? I don't see it anywhere?

Thank you

ispec2

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 08:55:38 am »

Should I have a .exe file? If so I don't

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 09:20:31 am »

Without knowing what OS you're on, it is difficult to tell you exactly where to go, but it'll be in your Start Menu or Start Screen under All Programs. It may not have created a Desktop shortcut, if you didn't have that checkbox enabled when you went through the installer.

Also, ensure that you actually installed the application, and not just your license. You need to download MC21 from here and run that:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99214.0

Not the MJP file you got when you created the license. From your description, it sounds like you didn't do that part (or perhaps did it previously) and are now installing the license.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

ispec2

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 09:29:32 am »

I am using Windows 7 pro.

I think you are right about i just have the licence. When I upgraded it was not out yet. I never received an email when it was released as they said would happen. How do I go About getting it now?

Thanks

ispec2

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 09:36:50 am »

Got it

Thanks to all
Pages: [1]   Go Up