INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Network Help  (Read 2434 times)

trash116

• Recent member
Network Help
« on: February 07, 2017, 02:18:58 pm »

Hi,

Any help on this would be appreciated as my technical skills are limited.

I am running JRiver 21, its been running great for ages at home, all of a sudden this morning I could not connect to my server over my mobile phone network to my server.

Everything still works when I connect my android phone to the server over wifi, and I can also connect to my dad's server which is on a different machine via my mobile network, so I presume something is wrong from a network perspective on my server.

This is where the problem begins for me - I am not the most technical person, and have spent may frustrating hours researching and reading about these types of things on this forum, and on the web (I have also read the wiki page).  Ive checked what I can - but I don't really understand what I'm doing or what these pages are telling me to do.

Heres some background - I'm in the UK, and running the internet over a BT Home Hub 5.     I have done the port forwarding for JRiver on port 52199 in the admin page for the home hub.  I also have a DHCP IP address (192.168.1.104) which I have ticked a box that says "always use this address" - so I think its static.

I used canyouseeme.org to check my port 52199 is open and it says "Success: I can see your service on 5.80.197.172 on port (52199)"

I went on whatsmyipaddress and it says "Your IP Address is 5.80.197.172"

On JRiver I have ticked use media key (in fact I generated a new key),

I'm totally confused and don't understand a lot of the above which ive checked through my research

Please help - everything was working great until this morning and I'm lost without my music

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Network Help
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 03:58:03 pm »

The wiki has a topic called Network Access.

trash116

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 05:30:00 pm »

Hi JimH -

Thanks for the reply, I have read the wiki page (think I did mention that in post) - I didn't really understand it - but did try to follow it -- and included detail in my post.

I only really posted as a last resort because I'm totally lost - I didn't want people to think I posted this without trying to solve it myself and without doing my research,

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong - I just don't know what ----   any help would be most appreciated

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 05:35:06 pm »

Try rebooting your router
Pages: [1]   Go Up