INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: remote library connect issues  (Read 4418 times)

nickolsj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
remote library connect issues
« on: August 26, 2015, 02:36:00 am »

Recently moved from Windows Home Server to Ubuntu 14.04.  Managed to get jrmc installed and imported my library files, but i cannot seem to connect to the library remotely via a W7 client.  tried both the access key and ip from the add library window on the client.  was wondering if this was even possible; if so how?  TIA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: remote library connect issues
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 02:43:19 am »

Please see the wiki topics called Network Access and Media Network .

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 09:25:39 am »

Recently moved from Windows Home Server to Ubuntu 14.04.  Managed to get jrmc installed and imported my library files, but i cannot seem to connect to the library remotely via a W7 client.  tried both the access key and ip from the add library window on the client.  was wondering if this was even possible; if so how?  TIA

Check your firewall. You'll need to forward port 52199 correctly.

nickolsj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 07:43:41 pm »

Somehow I have managed to get it working.  Not exactly sure how; which really bugs me, but it works.  Below is some of the things i tried and was going to post for more help when it started working.  I suspect it was iptables, however i had flushed iptables several times with and w/o rebooting and had no success.  The final & successful connection attempt was by using the access key.

I now have another unrelated issue i am trying to resolve; which i will start as a new topic.

Thanks for the replies.  I have checked the wiki and everything looks as it should.  I have flushed iptables; reconfigured the media network.  Did this by unticking the box; ok button; exited/restarted jrmc; reticked the box and went through the setup.  I do not have a firewall setup (afaik) on ubuntu yet.  just checked using "sudo ufw status verbose" with the reply: "status: inactive"

i have tried connecting via an access key and ip:port combo.  @BryanC i am guessing port number you provided "52299" was a typo i am using default which i believe to be "52199"

other items worth mentioning:  1.) when i try from the client to connect using the assigned access key; the error message at the top of the window states there was a problem loading HPSERVER; which I believe was the name of a library on my old (and offline) server.  2.) can access W7 from ubuntu no problems.

Pages: [1]   Go Up