INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 21.0.6 for Mac -- Available Here  (Read 5485 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 21.0.6 for Mac -- Available Here
« on: August 26, 2015, 02:33:05 pm »

This is the latest version of MC21 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.JRiver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter210006.dmg

21.0.6 (8/26/2015)

1. Fixed: Bad build, corrupt DMG package caused app to fail Gatekeeper test.

21.0.5 (8/25/2015)

1. Fixed: Crash was occurring following a library restore.
2. Fixed: Trial period was not working.
3. Fixed: MC20 and MC21 licenses were clashing.

21.0.4 (8/21/2015)

1. Fixed: DSP Studio presets could not be saved/loaded/deleted.
2. Fixed: Display view sometimes would become detached from Media Center and could remain showing over the top of other views.

21.0.3 (8/19/2015)

1. NEW: Subtitle Support during Video Playback.
2. Fixed: A gray box would appear instead of the player controls during video playback.
3. Fixed: A Mac Client would display chart view instead of file list view.
4. Fixed: MC would not open saved library views.
5. Fixed: The "View Current Log" button on the logging dialog wasn't working.
6. Fixed: Exporting a playlist to HTML didn't open a browser to view the playlist properly.
7. Fixed: Viewing the html of a gallery in preview mode didn't open a browser properly to view the preview.
8. Fixed: Viewing of the Debug Log.
9. NEW: Image support.
10. Fixed: Saving a library view would incorrectly put a backslash in the path.

21.0.2 (8/5/2015)

1. Changed: Updated the licensing for version 21 (internal change).

21.0.1 (8/4/2015)

1. NEW: Added the sample rates 705600 and 768000 to the Output Format dialog.
2. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. NEW: Added an image playback mode 'Display images using a 2D renderer' to the options of Images.  Will use a 2D space for rendering instead of a 3D space.  Mostly for Linux / Mac, but please test.
4. NEW: Added the MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayPlaylist function to play a playlist in a specified zone.
5. NEW: Sending files to a particular zone disables Zone Switch from engaging.
6. NEW: Volume Leveling uses the additional Headroom provided by Internal Volume for a more consistent experience on highly dynamic tracks or when downmixing.
7. NEW: Added a 'Clean results' checkbox to the Fill Properties From Filename tool that will fix spacing, capitalization, etc.
8. NEW: Added an expression function Row() that outputs the current row number of a record.
9. NEW: Added the command 'ZoneSwitch...' to the Audio options page.
10. Changed: Made the search suggestions a little wider and fixed the sizing to account for high DPI.
11. Changed: Marked "<unknown album>" and "<unknown name>" for translation.
12. Changed: Marked a bunch of strings in the TiVo server for translation.
13. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
14. Changed: When a zone is cleared, it will clear all the linked zones as well (applies to MCWS/v1/Playback/ClearPlaylist but also other areas as well).
15. Changed: Added a few more 'o' character variations to the diacritical ignoring code.
16. NEW: MCWS Browse/Children contains more information about the type of the entry, and the PlaylistID if appropriate (only when requesting Version 2).
17. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo).
18. Changed: Added a few more diacriticals to the list of things for ignoring during sorting.

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

edbro

Re: JRiver Media Center 21.0.6 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 05:04:51 pm »

With Retina mode enabled, the first custom toolbar icon occupies the same space as the farthest right window control button. Same problem as in MC20.

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 09:22:09 am »

Required me to first backup my MC20 library and then restore it into MC21 but other then that it has been working flawlessly for me so far.  No sound issues or dropouts.  A bit slow to scroll through the list of songs, albums, etc and filling in the thumbnails for the albums.  Is the new 2D renderer used to do this album art display or is that for something else?  Still have the keyboard media keys issue.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 02:33:49 pm »

^ You may want to have MC rebuild thumbnails explicitly.  Depending on how many files you have it could be a few minutes or a few hours:

Tools > Options Tree & View > Thumbnails  > Build missing thumbnails...

MC21 was doing something similar for me, and it seems to be normal now after a bit of scrolling around *and* rebuilding thumbnails.

Brian.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 08:10:17 pm »

New major versions typically require thumbnail rebuilds.

You can copy them over from the old version if you want, but I usually prefer to not tempt fate and just let it rebuild them overnight one night.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

rinoatomy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 12:48:15 pm »

I used to have the folder of a skin I like and every time I downloaded a new version I would place the folder on the standard view folder and use that skin. I'm not able to on this version though. please fix this.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 01:56:33 pm »

^ Custom Skins work fine on MC21 as far as I can tell.  However, MC21 is a new major version number of the app.  So it's customization directory is in a new place.  You want to put the Skins in the MC21 directory, not the MC20 directory.  Specifically:

[Your User Directory]/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 21/Skins/Standard View

Brian.

rinoatomy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 02:18:55 pm »

THANKS
Pages: [1]   Go Up