INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SACD ISO to FLAC conversion - not copying folder.jpg  (Read 2348 times)

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
SACD ISO to FLAC conversion - not copying folder.jpg
« on: August 26, 2015, 04:21:49 pm »

I have just converted my collection of SACD ISOs to flac files. All my SACD ISOs have a folder.jpg located in the same folder as the ISO file.

Regarding cover art, the converted FLAC files show different behaviours:
- some have a folder.jpg in the album directory
- some do not have a folder.jpg in the album directory
- in the image field some have "folder.jpg"
- in the image field some have "inside file"
- for some albums, the image field is empty (and MC21 shows no cover art)

I am wondering why there are different behaviours, given all the source ISOs have a folder.jpg?
Is there anything I can do to fix this short of manually copying folder.jpg files (with over a thousand ISOs this is not really an option).

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: SACD ISO to FLAC conversion - not copying folder.jpg
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 04:34:18 pm »

hmm

for one, make sure in options>general you have "update tags when file info changes" checked ON
if you didn't use MC to convert, and you imported the FLAC, you'll need to make sure tools>import>configure>"write file tags..." is checked ON

try selecting all the files and right click>cover art>quick find in file or directory (if there is a folder.jpg, it will find it)

did you convert the FLAC into separate folders?  did you use the RMC tool to move them?

the RMC tool can be a bit tricky and so can the cover art...i learned long ago to make an "incoming" folder that ONLY looks at the audio files (nothing else, no cue or log or jpg or anything).  This way, when you use RMC it will move all of the ancillary files properly

also i don't convert a lot of files, but when i do i always convert to the original folder, then do the moving with the RMC tool.  this ensures i have everything set correctly, i'm always paranoid so i want full control over what is going where

sorry probably not much help...hopefully a bunch will show up with the quick find and leave you with a little less to deal with.

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 02:43:38 am »

Thanks for all your help, ferday
I copied to a new hierarchy of destination folders.
All my ISO sit in a folder called "SACD ISO". All my SACD ISO -> FLAC converted files sit in a folder "SACD ISO converted to FLAC" which is at the same level as "SACD ISO". This gives me an good way to manipulate different categories of files by selecting the directories.
"update tags when file info changes" is set and I tried running "quick find" cover art. So now only the target directories are left that actually do not have a folder.jpg
I will give your method of copying to the source folder and then moving with RMC a try. Will be a bit though, as I am busy over the next few days.

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 02:50:31 pm »

I ended up doing it a bit different than ferday's suggestion:
- used TMGRN ViceVersa to copy all folder.jpg from the source directories to the destination directories. As the source files and the destination files sit in identical directory trees, this was easy to do
- selected all the converted FLACs in the destinatnion directories and re-read the cover art for all files. Took a while for 11'000 files, but did the job
Pages: [1]   Go Up