INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images gone after reinstall  (Read 2709 times)

rlmartindale

• Recent member
Images gone after reinstall
« on: August 27, 2015, 11:04:52 am »

I just reinstalled JRiver and all the images associated with my audio and video files are gone.  I restored from a recent backup and all the data came back but not the images.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Images gone after reinstall
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 11:12:40 am »

MC will rebuild your thumbnails.

rlmartindale

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 02:19:32 pm »

How long will that take?  Its been several hours.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 02:37:52 pm »

I'm guessing your cover art in MC20 is in an external directory, as opposed to stored inside of the song files themselves.  Check a few of the files with missing cover art.  Look at the Tagging Pane and see what file name is listed under Image File for some of them.

Perhaps they were in JRiver's cover art directory and that directory got removed as part of your reinstall process?  Seeing where MC is looking for the files to be is a good starting point.

Brian.

Jetndavid

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 04:50:12 pm »

I am experiencing the same problem. When I look at the image file column for each song, as you suggested, all of them show "inside file". I sent my computer in for repair, but before doing so,I saved the Library file to an external drive. They replaced the C:drive memory. When I got it back, I copied the backup library to my C:drive and reinstalled it. Everything is recovered except the cover art. Out of 1500 CDs, I show only 12 with cover art. This is after perhaps 4 hours. I created a second library and imported all of the music from the external hard drive. All of the art is included with the songs, but that second library does not include my playlists. I have tried to import just the playlists into the second library but I haven't been able to accomplish that either.

Jetndavid

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 12:11:50 am »

Does anyone have an answer for this?  I'm still having the same problem.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 07:59:37 am »

If the cover art is inside the file, my guess is that MC needs to rebuild thumbnails for all the files.

As a test, find an album with no art showing, and verify it shows art as "inside file".  Then <right click> Cover Art > Rebuild thumbnail .  If that works, you can mass rebuild them all with:

Tools > Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Build missing thumbnails

That might take several hours depending on how many files you have.  Or you can rebuild them a few albums at a time if you want, with the right click method.

Hopefully this will fix it for you.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up