INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add Album Name in Theater View?  (Read 1980 times)

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
Add Album Name in Theater View?
« on: August 27, 2015, 05:06:09 pm »

I always use Playlists or Smartlists to listen to music using Theater View. In Now Playing I see the Artist and Song Title but not the Album. I'm sure I can add but can't figure out how. It has been a long time since I have tried any customization on MC.

I did do a quick search but didn't find anything helpful. Probably just bad searching.

Thanks.

CountryBumkin

Re: Add Album Name in Theater View?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 04:53:16 am »

Go to Tools>Options>Theater View>Customize File Info Panel. Check the Template for Audio. You can add/remove the tags/fields that display in Theater View there. But Album is in the default view/settings so it should be showing already. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question.

EDIT: Okay, my suggestion above doesn't work for Display View (I get "Album, Genre, Year", and the Cover Art). I think this is what your asking about. Sorry, I don't know how to modify this. If you right click on the screen you can make some changes to "track Info" but there's not much customization there.

Arindelle

Re: Add Album Name in Theater View?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 04:57:09 am »

I don't think you can do this under Playing Now (not talking about display view as you get the player in the screen if you want)

This would be great to use the optional text capabilities of the player bar under standard view. Where I would really like this is in JRemote ... if I remember when asking the dev Robert to change the playing now text he said it would have to work for theater view to port it over to JRemote (might have misunderstood, but that's the gist of it).

I can live with this more or less in theater view generally because of the file info panel .. but especially for classical music this would be great to have two configurable playback options -- that way you could indicate whatever fields (probably some space limitations to respect though - but Artist and album seems doable (or Work/Composer for classical as an alternate). If two lines like the player window has space wouldn't be an issue really.

If I have missed how to after all this time.. please someone chime in, otherwise I'd like to suggest that playback text be configurable like in standard view :) (or better it is part of options by zone ... but hey whatever can't wish for everything right? :p )
Pages: [1]   Go Up