INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost my Playlist after Pressing "UPDATE ORDER"  (Read 3429 times)

Dick Baglio

Lost my Playlist after Pressing "UPDATE ORDER"
« on: May 22, 2015, 11:47:53 am »

Can anyone help me?

I lost my entire playlist when I pressed the "UPDATE ORDER" button at the top of the screen!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Lost my Playlist after Pressing "UPDATE ORDER"
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 12:13:00 pm »

You could try reloading the playlist.

You could restore a backup.  MC makes them automatically.  It's under the File menu.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 12:19:34 pm »

The Library Backups Jim mentioned contain all Playlists, so you can revert if needed.

However, please explain what you mean by "lost your Playlist", because that could mean a bunch of different things.

The Update Order button renumbers the playlist to match the currently displayed playlist order (if you've sorted it or something).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Dick Baglio

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 01:10:12 pm »

Thanks,
I was able to restore a backup and have my playlist back. But I am wondering why it happened.

To Glynor:

To be specific I had about 120 tunes in this playlist. I pressed the "Update Order" button thinking it would re-number the files in there current sequence but nay they all were gone!

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 10:33:06 am »

This happened to me today.  Had made a new playlist and updated order and everything disappeared. Unfortunately restore didn't get it back. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 11:13:41 am »

I'm really riddled by this one.  Update Order should be such a light weight command.

Is there anything else special about the playlist?  Can you reproduce it reliably so that you could send me a library backup (matt at jriver dot com)?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 02:00:52 pm »

I'm really riddled by this one.  Update Order should be such a light weight command.

Is there anything else special about the playlist?  Can you reproduce it reliably so that you could send me a library backup (matt at jriver dot com)?

Thanks.

I wish I could give you a bigger hint on this.  Never happened before and some of my playlists are rather large.  I was actually listening to the playlist at the time and had modified the order of a few tracks.  When it went all the tracks disappeared from the list and I just had an empty box in standard view under the playlist header, but it (the playlist) was no longer listed under the "Playlist" header.  All other playlists were there.  It was something I've done numerous times with no problem.  Unfortunately, the restore did not work in retrieving it, but a recently added album was there.  Very strange.  It might be good if there was a way to have an undo function for instances that happen like this?

I have attached the log which may help.  Well I was going to, but it says you can't accept the file because it's too large.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 01:10:00 pm »

Just happened again (to the exact same playlist which I reconstructed).  After hitting the "update order" button the list went blank. but this time the playlist was still listed.  I clicked on another listed playlist which was fine and re-clicked on the list that had disappeared.  There it was as if nothing had happened.  Maybe I had reacted too hastily before in attempting a restore.

Glynor, no client server at the time it happened.  Will tread carefully with playlists from here on out.

Running version 20.0.115.
Pages: [1]   Go Up