INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot directly access playlists in 9.1 anymore  (Read 1112 times)

Dopas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • MC rocks ... keep up your good work!
Cannot directly access playlists in 9.1 anymore
« on: September 13, 2003, 02:59:36 pm »

Hello everyone,
I just switched from 9.0 to 9.1 to see how it goes. (Didn't have time for all testing cycle this time)

One thing that doesn't work for me anymore:
I can't directly access and play a playlist  through girder anymore. THis is key for me since I like to switch playlists from my remote.

They way I programmed the macro in Girder:
1) Select play list (Ctrl + 4) -> this used to select AND expand the playlist folder
2) type a number or letter -> This would select a certain playlist
3) Hit Enter -> This would play my playlist (in 9.0)

Now this steps start playing all my songs and starts  the slide show ... arrghhh

The problem is that the command ctrl+4 only selects the playlist but it doesn't expand it anymore. I could not find anyway of expanding the playlist with a keyboard command.

What is the work around for the problem? Without that workaround I can't switch to 9.1 since it broke backwards compatibility.

Or is there maybe a way to directly play a certain playlist (by name or playlist ID)? This would be the real solution!

Thanks
Dom
Media Center 12.X/13.x
Handheld: IPOD 60GB, Creative Vision:M
Media Receiver: DLink DSM-320

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cannot directly access playlists in 9.1 anymor
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2003, 03:24:01 pm »

Hmmm....

<CTRL4> and a right arrow should work to expand the playlist. (I admit I haven't tried this in 9.1, but it works in 9.0).

Come to think of it, maybe you need to find the checkbox in the "Options..." dialog and check "Auto-expand the tree".

You can also directly play a play list from Girder. Send an "Execute" command to the mjextman.exe program. In Girder's "Step Size" box, type in the command line switch "/Play TREEPATH=Playlists\your path to the playlist here".

Post back if you have further questions.

Best,
Brad

Dopas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • MC rocks ... keep up your good work!
Re: Cannot directly access playlists in 9.1 anymor
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2003, 06:24:16 pm »

Brad, you are the man.
Both approaches work, but the treepath ... is what I was really looking for. There I can access and play the playlist with one command instead of six commands!

Thanks
Dom
Media Center 12.X/13.x
Handheld: IPOD 60GB, Creative Vision:M
Media Receiver: DLink DSM-320
Pages: [1]   Go Up