INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod Scrobbling / last.fm integration  (Read 4977 times)

Ultraviolet13

• Recent member
iPod Scrobbling / last.fm integration
« on: August 31, 2015, 07:10:09 am »

Hi, I believe this has been asked before but I don't seem to be able to locate an answer.

I've recently moved my iPod (Classic 160GB) away from being managed by iTunes to being maintained and synced through JRiver (20.0.131) and I've noticed that although music played on the iPod updates the last played date in my library, none of the plays are reported back to my last.fm account.

I've been using last.fm to track my listening history for ten years now and wonder if it's possible to get JRiver to report / scrobble my iPod plays?  Normal scrobbling appears to work fine from JRiver, just not the synced iPod plays.

Because of my long history of using last.fm, it's one of the things I consider when picking a media player, so it would be great if JRiver fully integrated with last.fm's scrobbling plugin.

Thanks.
P.S. Please don't make me go back to using iTunes for iPod management.  :(

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: iPod Scrobbling / last.fm integration
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 07:13:10 am »

In order to sync data back to MC, you must set authentication to on in the server settings.  Then you will log in when you start JRemote.

You must also have your last.FM account information set in MC.  I think it's under services in options.

Ultraviolet13

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 08:11:31 am »

Thanks for the reply.

My last.fm account is already configured with MC & works fine. All tracks I play directly from MC get scrobbled / logged to my last.fm page successfully, so I don't think that's the issue.

I don't believe I currently use JRemote features at all.

What I would like to happen is that if I use my iPod while I'm out & listen to say, 30 songs on it, when I get home I can plug the iPod into my PC with MC running and re-sync the iPod so that it reports my new iPod plays to last.fm.

Currently MC can see my iPod fine when it's connected, under Standard View > Devices
It automatically registers (syncs) new plays on the iPod and updates the library, so that the Last Played Date for the songs I've listened to on the iPod whilst out is reflected in the library itself.

What isn't happening is that the new plays from the iPod, although being logged to the library, aren't then reported on to my last.fm account as new plays (as a track played directly by MC would be). So although the MC knows about the plays, it doesn't share the information with last.fm.

submeg

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 06:52:34 am »

Thanks for the reply.

My last.fm account is already configured with MC & works fine. All tracks I play directly from MC get scrobbled / logged to my last.fm page successfully, so I don't think that's the issue.

I don't believe I currently use JRemote features at all.

What I would like to happen is that if I use my iPod while I'm out & listen to say, 30 songs on it, when I get home I can plug the iPod into my PC with MC running and re-sync the iPod so that it reports my new iPod plays to last.fm.

Currently MC can see my iPod fine when it's connected, under Standard View > Devices
It automatically registers (syncs) new plays on the iPod and updates the library, so that the Last Played Date for the songs I've listened to on the iPod whilst out is reflected in the library itself.

What isn't happening is that the new plays from the iPod, although being logged to the library, aren't then reported on to my last.fm account as new plays (as a track played directly by MC would be). So although the MC knows about the plays, it doesn't share the information with last.fm.

Ultraviolet13, were you ever able to solve this issue?
Pages: [1]   Go Up