INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Series and Name mixups  (Read 1682 times)

willrbaar

• Junior Woodchuck
TV Series and Name mixups
« on: August 31, 2015, 02:46:14 pm »

I'm having a little problem that I hope someone can help me with on TV Recording.  Everything works well when a TV program has a Series name and Title in the data parsed.  However, the problem is that there are a number of programs that we record which have only the Series name, and no Title.  In these cases, the Series Tag in the library is left blank and the Series name is put in the name column/tag.  This is giving me some problems setting up things and I'm not sure what to do.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: TV Series and Name mixups
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 03:02:47 pm »

That was also reported here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99345.0
but no solution was provided yet. If the data is missing from the EPG source, I'm not sure there is much JRiver can do (except perhaps fill both " Episode Name/Title" and "Series" fields with the same data when " Episode Name/Title" is missing. I'm not sure how much good this would do except to keep those TV Series grouped together.

willrbaar

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 04:41:33 pm »

Is it possible to set up a rule that if series is vacant, then file series with what is in name and empty name?  Where would the rule go?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 05:03:59 pm »

That change would need to be done by the Developers.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 06:09:37 pm »

The Name field is always filled.  If a show has only series name, we use that to fill the Name field and treat it as a single show.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 04:02:59 pm »

I have a few of these, I just tag it in the subscription dialog...on the last page, there is a field to add custom tagging.  Just select Series and hard code it to the series name.  Is that what you are after?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 07:20:20 pm »

That is an excellent idea. I don't use that tagging feature in TV Subscriptions enough.

Just like I don't use tagging on import enough, when importing single folders. I usually forget and then have to go back and tag stuff after import.

Good tip!  :D
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up