INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cd rip problem, can someone help me please?  (Read 2828 times)

rheaumm

cd rip problem, can someone help me please?
« on: September 02, 2015, 01:46:53 pm »

I installed MC 20 for Windows on my desktop. I did rip some cd's but it often doesn't work:

it may say that there are no cd in the drive (and it is there), it may start to rip and then idle.

I did try the normal settings instead of the secure setting.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: cd rip problem, can someone help me please?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 02:04:41 pm »

not sure this will help any, but ...

- make sure your cd (optical) drive is not set to "auto run" (or auto play in windows); also make sure it is not set to work with another program on load -- especially another ripper like Nero

- check to see that your AV is not scanning your optical drive (doubtful, but hey  ;) )

JJD

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 02:54:27 pm »

Ditto, I'm not sure if this will help, but I had a similar problem on my Windows 8 laptop.

It seemed that the rip had stopped a little bit after the CD was read, and JRiver seemed to freeze. I found that JRiver had popped up a window behind the main window (so it was hidden) asking me to select the album name from a list of possible names. Once I selected the name, the rip continued successfully. This occurred many times while I was ripping my CD collection. I found that when it seemed to freeze, I would hover my mouse over the JRiver icon in the taskbar and Windows would bring the hidden window to the forefront.
Jack

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 02:56:29 pm »

MC does seem to have Z-order issues with modal dialogs sometimes. I've never been able to track down exactly why it happens, though.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

LETRA

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 07:04:30 am »

Quote from: DarkSpace link=topic=99729.msg691929#msg691929date=1441310189
It works for me... I was curious and tried it recently. Even without having started MC, it's able to open MC for me, so maybe some other player that also supports CAD interferes for you?

Thanks for the reply. My question is for the integrated CAD in MC. CAD (separate program) is working well and shows the covers and album data. But JRiver CAD doesn't communicate with Rainmeter / Gnometer. I don't know if I should add an installation but the plugin is no longer available anywhere.

rheaumm

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 11:49:50 am »

Thanks a lot!

Ditto, I'm not sure if this will help, but I had a similar problem on my Windows 8 laptop.

It seemed that the rip had stopped a little bit after the CD was read, and JRiver seemed to freeze. I found that JRiver had popped up a window behind the main window (so it was hidden) asking me to select the album name from a list of possible names. Once I selected the name, the rip continued successfully. This occurred many times while I was ripping my CD collection. I found that when it seemed to freeze, I would hover my mouse over the JRiver icon in the taskbar and Windows would bring the hidden window to the forefront.

Thanks a lot!
Pages: [1]   Go Up