INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 21.0.4 first comments on TV setup.  (Read 1518 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
21.0.4 first comments on TV setup.
« on: September 04, 2015, 08:26:45 am »

I tried to re-setup Television settings with the new version to see how it goes.  It was still not possible to get MC2XML working inside JRiver it kept popping up the MC2XML config files.  HOWEVER I think I figured out why it's due to the mandatory postal code..MC needs one space and mc2xml needs no space for Canada; ex: MC wants H0H 0H0 and mc2xml wants H0H0H0.

THEN trying to start again from scratch and reset everything... Eventhough I check the reset mc2xml settings it doesn't work.  I had to go delete the mc2xml.dat file manually in the roaming folder...

So working around this by manually entering the last 3 digits for postal code on setup worked!  

Also when you do the setup with 2 profiles for mc2xml we can't tell which one is which and it doesn't seem to follow the order in which they are created (example : OTA and STB will require different setups in mc2xml). In my case it was the reverse order. SO I created the OTA profile first but when doing the auto-match the first pop-up for mc2xml was for the STB.

Auto-matching wortking fine HOWEVER if the channel has the same first 3 letter as an identifier the auto-match will choose the highest number in its list to match.  For example in my case it chose 29.1 for 10.1 and 24.1 instead of 17.1.

Not too sure about the mandatory Postal Code keep in mind that in some cases you might need two different Postal or Zipcodes to get all the EPG info!!!  So I would ask for the Country and postal code during the Profile set-up and not as one big setting.

And as a default I would check time shifting mode for analog devices as a default so that AC3 sound works...

Still waiting for my multiple folders, comskip visibility in the progress bar AND most importantly: Improvements for recording rules related to sports . :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up