INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to enable true Dolby Atmos playback on Windows? ONKYO TX NR-3030  (Read 3757 times)

Bandyka

• Recent member

Hello Fellow Audiophiles,

I have a dilemma here, I have just upgraded to a new setup with the ONKYO TX-NR 3030 in the centre.
Its an absolute beast. However the only things I cannot do is to make it recognise true Atmos content. I play back all the Atmos demos via JRiver but the Atmos speakers do nothing and I cannot select Atmos mode on the receiver meaning it is not being passed trough to it. I am using a very high end PC with a Geforce 970 GTX and is set to HDMI audio. What am I missing?

Thanks heaps.

Bandyka

• Recent member
Re: How to enable true Dolby Atmos playback on Windows? ONKYO TX NR-3030
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 06:17:06 am »

Got it sorted. Had to fiddle with the player settings and is all good. Sounds incredible! Going to get another pair of Atmos speakers for the rear too.

nickbuol

• Recent member

So what did you end up doing?  I am just a couple of days away from getting my Anthem MRX-1120, and am all set except for knowing what I need to change in JRiver to get the Atmos info for the receiver.  Is it just a "bitstreaming" setting?

I've got all of my movies on a media server in .MKV format, so hopefully the Atmos ones will work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up