INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tivo playing out of order  (Read 1305 times)

millertivo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Tivo playing out of order
« on: September 11, 2003, 05:43:56 pm »

Sorry if this has been reported or discussed before.  I did a search but found nothing.  I noticed this with an older beta and also when I upgraded to the latest tonight:

If I  have 12 songs on an album, start playing the first song.  The next song will always be the last song on the album, then it plays backwards from there.  Song 12, song 11, song 10.  I made sure that the shuffle setting on Tivo was off.

Anyone else having a similar problem?

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Tivo playing out of order
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 08:29:11 pm »

I had posted related issues in http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1059673344;start=5#5

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any changes to the sort order for multiple artist albums with .250-- they always show up in artist/track # order instead of track # or album artist/track # as Media Center displays it.   It's not clear from the change log if this is supposed to have been fixed.

I can manually set a sort order of just [Track #] to the View Scheme properties, and then it will show properly on TiVo for a given album, including Multiple Artist albums.  If I set the view scheme it to [Album Artist (auto), Album, Track #], then the response time on TiVo becomes very sluggish.   I guess I'll just create 2 sets of View Schemes: one for TiVo and one for Media Center to overcome this.  I guess I'm just trying to understand whether this it is supposed to be this way.

I'm not seeing the files in backwards order, though.

-J

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 08:12:00 am »

Hi Y'all,

If you are running anything but the beta - Media Server just sends the stuff in the order it gets it from the database. This is not correct, but fixing it will have to wait til the next release.

If you are running the beta - Media Server now has the option of sending the stuff in the order that TiVo asks for. This is probably not going to be the order you want (unless you fool it by prefixing the track name with the track number).

j

geoelectric

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 03:16:20 pm »

John:

There's a bug in the latest Media Server (180).  Now if I page-down through my view schemes, every other click of channel-down gives me only one node.

So, simplified, if I have a scheme where each node will be one letter of hte alphabet, the first page will show:

A
B
C
D
E
F
G

Next page will show:

G

Next page will show

H
I
J
K
L
M
N

Next page will show

N

etc.

geoelectric

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 03:16:46 pm »

Actually, going to take that to a different thread, under the Tivo stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up