INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on adding new Guide Mode in the "Load Program Guide" step  (Read 2001 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Question on adding new Guide Mode in the "Load Program Guide" step
« on: September 08, 2015, 12:27:01 pm »

I want to switch my EPG data source (Guide Mode) from "xmltv.xml" (generated from "manual version" of mc2xml (ver 1.3)) to my new "xmltv.enhanced.xml" (generated from XMLTVDB program).  So I'm importing/using XMLTV, not mc2xml during setup process.

When I get to the "Load Program Guide" step of the TV setup (shown below), I can now add and delete "Guide Modes". I added the new Guide Mode "xmltv.enhanced.xml" without any difficulty, although I can not delete the old Guide Mode "xmltv.xml" since it has a Tuner profile associated with it. However,  I can not assign a Tuner profile to the new Guide Mode during this step.

Will the new Guide Mode work (since it has the checkmark) or does it need to have Tuner Profile assigned too?

I have found no way to assign the "ATSC Tuner profile" to the new Guide Mode unless I go through the entire TV setup (scanning for channels, etc.). Is this a bug - meaning should I be able to add (switch) Guide Modes and assign the Tuner Profile to any Guide Mode in the screen above?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Question on adding new Guide Mode in the "Load Program Guide" step
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 01:25:13 pm »

The added EPG mode will work as long is it has a check mark.  The tuner profile can not be edited in the EPG loading window.  You can edit the tuner profile on Television properties page, where you select a tuner profile and click Configure button.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 02:12:52 pm »

As long as MC uses my new "enhanced" Guide Mode - there is no reason to do anything more.

BTW - To get to the Tuner Profile page, you have to go through the entire setup again. Unless I'm missing something.

Since I'm experimenting, I'm going to do the setup again, but this time adding a second Tuner Profile. If I end up with two profiles (same Tuners but with different name and Guide Modes) I'll then see if I can then switch between them.

UPDATE:
So I went through the setup again and created a profile called "ATSC", then I added a second profile called "ATSC-Enhanced". But after going through the rest of the setup (and MC did two channel scans. I assumed one for each profile) when I get to the screen (shown in my previous post) there is only "ATSC- Enhanced" profile to choose from. I can use the Add button to select a new Guide Mode but I only have "ATSC-Enhanced profile to select. So it looks like there can only be one Tuner Profile.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 03:48:38 pm »

BTW - To get to the Tuner Profile page, you have to go through the entire setup again. Unless I'm missing something.

Since I'm experimenting, I'm going to do the setup again, but this time adding a second Tuner Profile. If I end up with two profiles (same Tuners but with different name and Guide Modes) I'll then see if I can then switch between them.

Multiple ATSC tuner profile is not allowed, under the assumption that you only need one.  You can edit an existing profile though.

On TV Options page (or Tools > Options > Television), at the bottom of the page is a list of Tuner profiles.  Select a profile and click Configure.  You will be going through several steps, but it is not the same as completely re-do setup.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up