INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chamberlain MyQ Garage  (Read 2283 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Chamberlain MyQ Garage
« on: September 11, 2015, 04:49:10 pm »

I bought one today.  It's a "Universal Smartphone Garage Door Controller".

It said "Installs in minutes."  In my case, it was about 90 minutes.

It has a wireless hub that took me a while to get connected to the Wi-Fi network.  That's not unusual.

It has a sensor that mounts on the door.  I suppose this tells the hub whether the door is down or up.

I downloaded the Chamberlain MyQ app from the Google Play Store.

There were a couple of Gotcha's.

I was asked for a code that is printed on the manual. l This was 10 letters and numbers, ending in "03a".  It didn't work until I entered it as "03A".

When I ran the app and added the opener, it asked me for the "Brand and model" of the existing opener, but then let me select a manufacturer (Chamberlain in my case) and asked what color buttons I had on the controller.  Choices were green, purple, orange, etc.  I looked at the control that is normally used in the car and it had black buttons.  There was no choice for black buttons, so I chose the first option, green.  The app then tried to find the winning combination, but failed.  I finally realized that the "Learn" button on the existing opener was purple.  As soon as I tried purple, everything worked.  The light flashed, the door went up, trumpets played.

So it works, but the hub beeps obnoxiously and a bright light on it flashes for almost ten seconds before anything happens.  Maybe it can be disabled, but it seems like their lawyers were overly protective.
Pages: [1]   Go Up