INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-import not working  (Read 2822 times)

Skullmonkee

• Recent member
Auto-import not working
« on: September 14, 2015, 03:24:15 am »

Hi

I've noticed that my auto-import is not working for some reason.  I configured the "watch folders" during the initial set-up, and MC successfully imported everything as it should.  However i've found that new media added to the watch folders it not added to the library, even after several days (MC remains running and connected to the watch folders on a NAS during this time).  The only way i know to get the new media added is to go Tools>Options>Configure Auto Update.  From here all i have to do is select "Finish" and the folders are rescanned and the new media added.  Shouldn't MC be automatically adding this media by itself, withone my manually refreshing it?

Any help would be really appreciated.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto-import not working
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 08:06:08 am »

For Auto Import to work, your NAS box needs to support file system events.  I'm not sure which NAS boxes do this or don't do this.  If yours simply doesn't support it, you can do some extra work to make MC periodically check:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Auto-Import#Running_an_Auto-Import_Scan_Manually

Maybe someone else knows more about NAS and file system events and can give more details.

Brian.

Skullmonkee

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 04:53:50 am »

Thanks for your answer.  I'm away at the moment but will get back to you when i see if i can solve my problem.

jaynyc

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 01:17:18 pm »

I am having a similar "auto import does not work" issue

I am not using an external NAS, I am just using an internal NTFS hard drive.

Auto import just doesn't seem to "work"

Are there any good troubleshooting steps to help figure out _why_ auto import isn't working as expected?

Win7 64

--jay

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 04:59:20 pm »

Well i gotta ask....you do have it set to check the folder(s)? under..tools>options>Library & Folders
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up