INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with transcoding  (Read 1694 times)

nearlynothing

Need help with transcoding
« on: September 15, 2015, 03:43:54 pm »

I spent 3 hours trying to set up MC, for the most part it works, except for two files. They're both .mkv, one has FLAC audio, the other aac.  So one[Madmax the FLAC one] video will play, tv gives an error about the audio stream[can't play flac]. The other, Game of Thrones S1E1, gives an error about the file not being supported. TV is a Samsung Smart TV, dunno which model number because it's gigantic and the wall mount only tilts up and down. Think it's from 2013.

BUT this is all beside the point. Started an Emby server, and everything works under the auto transcode option, BUT I don't get subtitles which I love to use. So I'd love to use MC, but I need some help. I read through several posts about the transcoding, but any time I've tried it I get the generic error and the video won't even play, so some help would be appreciated.

Let me know of any information you might need

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Need help with transcoding
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 04:24:03 pm »

If you're using DLNA, as I think you are, conversion is set on the server (MC) under Media Network.

nearlynothing

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 04:35:52 pm »

I am, I go under DLNA servers, audio, tried specified, and specified only if needed, and all the formats under there, but I never get any audio. Do I need the dsp stuff?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 12:23:03 am »

Two things..

In my experience regular consumer brand TVs do not support playing videos having a Flac audio track. That is a highly uncommon combination, and I am not surprised that it won't work.

You may want to download the DMRA test application from my sig. Which will tell you the formats that your TV does support. Please post the test log report here.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up