INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video in Theater View: Online Media Slideshow does not fit the selected title  (Read 2737 times)

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck

Since MC20 to MC21 update the OMS do not match the video titles anymore (most of times), i.e. it appears a rather random background from any other movie of the collection, but not the currently selected title.
This wouldn't bother me in grid view but in the details view it is rather weird and disturbing.

My Theater View appearance settings are default - Skin Obsidian, Theme default,...

In the Audio section all is well on the other hand.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

As I page from movie to movie in Theater View the background perfectly follows the movie I'm looking at.

There was one change where sidecar images are now included.  So if there is art next to your movies on disk, that will be used in addition.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck

Perfectly weird but that could be the right trace: the background gets only mixed with movies whose files are in the same folder, so far I observe now.
Each movie is a set of 3 files (as ever before): the movie (iso, mkv, divx), the cover jpeg and the sidecar xml.

I deleted the Theater View Background cache yet, but to no avail.

Maybe I schould remove all the sidecars.xml and let MC rebuild them?

After MC21 update I activated the "ignore articles" sort option, this is the filter...
a;an;the;ein;eine;das;der;die;el;il;la;las;le;les;los;un;une;de l';de la;des;du;l';la;le;les;un;une
...but can't imagine that this might have any impact.

akira54

• Galactic Citizen

I just noticed the same thing with my movies. For some the background art is spot-on, for many it is not.

Matt can you explain what you mean by "art being next to your movies on disk". Do you mean art in the same folder? All my movies are in the same folder!

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

There was one change where sidecar images are now included.  So if there is art next to your movies on disk, that will be used in addition.

That seems to be causing a lot of issues for people that have multiple movies in one directory. It should probably require matching the movie filename or something, otherwise this problem is going to stick around. :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

akira54

• Galactic Citizen

But Hendrik, all the jpegs in the movie folder match the films to which they belong. Could someone please explain HOW MC21 now collects its material for the slide show?
Pages: [1]   Go Up