INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why won't some mp3 files show cover art?  (Read 4471 times)

adamlink

Why won't some mp3 files show cover art?
« on: September 24, 2015, 10:41:23 pm »

I have Media Jukebox 14 on a Windows 8 computer, and eventually will upgrade.  But in the meantime, I have an issue with assigning cover art to mp3 files that do not show any.
It works sometimes, not others.  Let me explain:
1. I find an album cover that fits the album that the song, or songs, came from, and copy it to my music folder as a .jpg
2. I right click on an mp3 file, or a group of mp3 files, and click Cover Art, then Add from file, and find the .jpg I just saved.
3. In the select image file window, I then click on the file and then click open.
4. When it asks me if I would like to copy the image to a file, I sometimes say yes, sometimes no....but that has no impact on what happens next.
5. It says "Updating the image" or images if I try several at once.
6. Now, sometimes the image shows up.  Other times it takes awhile, and then shows up.  But in some cases, it never does show up.  
7. After waiting for a long time, and sometimes closing Jukebox completely and opening it again, and finding that the cover still does not show up, I next try to remove all cover art from the mp3 file(s) in question, and then add it again.  Still no success.

So...why is it that some mp3 files will accept .jpg cover art, and others will not?  Is there something in the mp3 file itself I need to tweak?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Zane B Stein

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Why won't some mp3 files show cover art?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 07:38:49 am »

Are some files read only?
Pages: [1]   Go Up