INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can i delete this folder from JRiver Conversion Cache  (Read 4712 times)

dylanstan

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love MJ V9! At last cover view! Big Kiss!!!
How can i delete this folder from JRiver Conversion Cache
« on: September 25, 2015, 11:58:48 am »

Yesterday i synced several albums to a pendrive. When done, i deleted the folders from the J River Conversion Cache, but there's this folder that i cant delete. When i click in the folder "A Dutch Feast.." it open this warning.

http://www.pix01.com/gallery/01BCA850-FE66-457D-883F-D17DE027C09C/error/bigpage.html?image=590664483_orig0.jpg

Translation is "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Mis documentos\Mi música\J River Conversion Cache\B.G.K\A Dutch Feast..makes reference to a location that it's not available." The rest it's not really important, but as you can see the location it's available.

I've synced to pendrives many times and it's the first time that this happens.

My guess is that maybe it's  something related to the 2 final points 'cause normally if i try to create a folder that end in one point it doesn't write that last point. But this is a folder created by Media Center itself, so i don't know how has made it.

I've tried to rename it but it doesn't allow me to do it.

Therefore, after notice this, i've synced more songs of this album to the pendrive. The songs are on the pendrive, but the folder of the album in the cache it's empty.  ?

Any ideas of how can i delete it?

PD: Unlocker doesn't make the job  ::)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How can i delete this folder from J River Conversion Cache
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 03:56:16 pm »

Go to Tools>options>File Locations. There is a section "Conversion Cache". See if the problem folder is listed.
Make your changes there. I think this is what your asking but I may be misunderstanding your problem.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 02:02:00 am »

Did you reboot yet? I think the folder may not be there after a reboot, and if it is, you may then be able to delete it normally.

oh, Windows XP too... made come over all nostalgic for a bit there :)

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 04:50:01 am »

oh, Windows XP too... made come over all nostalgic for a bit there :)

Just what i was thinking as i saw the desktop....lol
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

dylanstan

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: How can i delete this folder from JRiver Conversion Cache
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 09:46:24 am »

Marko: yes, i've reboot the pc several times, still the same problem.

CountryBumkin: I've done what you said but i can't make any changes in the folder. When i try to delete or rename it says that it can't read the disc or the file

http://www.pix01.com/gallery/01BCA850-FE66-457D-883F-D17DE027C09C/options/768632008_orig0.jpg

http://www.pix01.com/gallery/01BCA850-FE66-457D-883F-D17DE027C09C/options2/380276641_orig0.jpg

? ::)

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 11:40:35 am »

I think the path name is too long for Windows to deal with.  The limit is big, but there's definitely a limit.

To be clear:  Windows Explorer can NOT delete the directory right?  This is a windows problem.  I would try using a command line tool from the command shell to delete the directory.   You can do some google searches and find instructions.  For example, see the last post in this thread:

http://superuser.com/questions/229563/how-to-delete-files-and-folders-that-cannot-be-deleted

Good luck.  I hate stuff like that!  :)

Brian.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 09:05:46 pm »

safe mode may also do the trick...thing is been years since i had a XP machine
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

dylanstan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 01:29:23 pm »

Thanks to all for the answers, especially blgentry.

In that link i found the solution: I used a ubuntu cd to start the pc in linux, and i'm being able to delete that folder.

I still think that the problem was the final dots. If i name a folder with a final dot, windows xp doesn't write that final dot, so i don't know how Media Center was able to create that folder with the final dot. From now on, i'll have to be careful with album names when i sync to pendrives.

Is it possible in other operating systems to name folders that ends with dot(s)?  ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up