INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfer Particles to another Library?  (Read 2333 times)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Transfer Particles to another Library?
« on: September 25, 2015, 12:12:04 pm »

Is there a way to transfer Particles to another library? I use a separate library for media that will be played back at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Most of it is files that aren't part of my regular library, but some are. JRiver crashed and reopened with the regular library and I didn't notice until after I had created a bunch of Particles. I need to transfer the Particles to the RMAF Library, but can't figure out how.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Transfer Particles to another Library?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 12:16:58 pm »

You could try a backup and restore, but you would have to have the full length files transferred too.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 04:11:52 pm »

There is no way I've found to backup/restore Particle Info in MC, but:
1) MrC's Particalise script can upload the info to ChatperDB and pull it backdown again http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89627.0
2) I've build a AHK Script (Windows Only), that uses chapter.txt sidecar files that holds the name and start times for each of the chapters.  At present it will build a set of Chatper Particles in MC from a chapter.txt file (that you can create, or get from ChapterDB).  I can look at how to create a chapter.txt file from existing particles in MC but it would not be till the weekend

THanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 05:52:04 pm »

Backup and Restore doesn't work since I have Particles in both Libraries that I need.

I was going to look at using MrC's script this weekend, but if your script will build a set of chapter particles from the ChapterDB txt file, then I will wait for that. Don't worry about creating the file from existing Particles on my behalf. I realized I could copy the playback ranges to a spreadsheet and re-enter them fairly quickly. I'm not actually using the chapter breaks since sometimes there is stuff before/after the song that I don't want. For general use it is fine, but I'm using these for Rocky Mountain Audio Fest and want just the song.

Need my e-mail address for the script or will you be able to post/link it in your thread?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 07:43:10 am »

JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up