INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorry for this stupid question  (Read 1507 times)

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
Sorry for this stupid question
« on: October 01, 2015, 07:32:14 pm »

When I reboot my HTPC I get the Windows warning that MC wants to make changes. I get this every time. My brain is fired from other things. Please help

MC 21 on Windows 7

Thanks.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Sorry for this stupid question
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 06:29:00 am »

Perhaps my little brainstorming helps... :

How does MC start? If it starts automatically using the startup folder inside the start menu, it may be a problem if you set it to run as administrator.

I had to fight a similar issue last week and found the easiest way to prevent those warnings is
  • not start programs as admin (because if you do, you get that message at program start)
  • use the task scheduler to autostart programs at startup (or anytime else)

ErikN

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Sorry for this stupid question
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 11:09:26 am »

You may have already solved this but, if not, just curious:

- When it asks "MC wants to make changes" do you say yes or no? It's possible it wants to update/install a newer version. If you are saying 'no' MC might keep asking each time. I don't know if you reboot every day or rarely. If it is a few weeks between reboots there may be a new version each time since so many are coming out -- in particular if you have more aggressive MC update settings.

- Alternatively, do you get this when if you close and launch manually? If not, then something along StFeder's theory seems likely.

Pages: [1]   Go Up