Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BD Iso  (Read 2007 times)

AGrochow

BD Iso
« on: October 10, 2015, 05:41:34 am »

There is no possibility to launch the BD ISO movie. The movie was successfully imported to the library but the playback does not start.
IF MC21 doesn't support ISO it looks like my huge DVD and BD ISO library will need to wait for next upgrade... :(

ENV: MacBook PRO Retina, OSX Yosemite 10.10.5, MC 21.0.8

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
BD Iso
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 09:12:40 am »

As I understand it, the decoding of encrypted DVD and BD discs is external to MC.  On windows it uses windows specific tools to do these decodes.  I suspect those tools will never be ported to MC for Mac because they are not JRiver products; they are from someone else.

I'm not sure how you would support ISO DVD or BD under OS X.  You can always rip them from the ISO files to MKVs with MakeMKV, which preserves 100% of the quality of the audio and video.  Just no menus.  Which is better in my opinion.  Menus are a pain when you just want to watch a movie.  Just MHO.

Brian.

AGrochow

Re: BD Iso
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 07:10:34 am »

Brian, thank you for a quick reply!
I'm using Macgo Blu-ray player for Mac. It supports the ISO and blu-ray menus as well. It works smooth with no issues (by now) if you consider it only as a player. It would be great to have the ISO support (with menus) in MC -> making it a best-of-breed and complete solution for MAC users who ripped their discs to ISO. Right now, it would take me too long to rip all my library to MKVs. Please reconsider that. Thank you.

Andrzej
Pages: [1]   Go Up