INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Media Center build for the Id available  (Read 59463 times)

Bohemian

• World Citizen
Re: New Media Center build for the Id available
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2018, 07:04:26 am »

Yeah!  Fantastic. Streaming added (but not Radio Paradise as yet).
Well done everyone!

Of course, as the idpi doesn't support a browser, it has no options in the streaming section :(.   Yet ;)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2018, 10:18:34 am »

I just ran a 12 from the main menu on my IdPi for fun and wow ...  :o

I saw this show up:
Code: [Select]
Reading package lists... Done
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
  mediacenterid
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 33.3 MB of archives.
After this operation, 3047 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://superid.jriver.com/aptidpimcid/debian/ jessie/main mediacenterid armhf 24.0.16 [33.3 MB]

How cool is that?

What did you guys load into the package?

It's the current linux stable build.
The general idea is to make the mediacenterid builds update with the hardware license not the MC version.
There is limit to how much that can be done. When the image requires major changes, like for the Pi 3B+ we'll have to cut a new image from scratch, then the only way to update the card is to send it back for re-imaging.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2018, 04:28:47 pm »

Thanks for the intel and the update about the 3B+.

Keep the news coming. Appreciated..  ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

OliS

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2018, 09:42:40 pm »

I have been trying to run the latest update for my Id and since then nothing works anymore. Versions in ID screen say: Id:20.0.100 MC:20.0.141-7

MC pops up and then disappears. I have tried various restarts and software updates.

ID is connected via LAN to Synology NAS and then BelCanto DAC. On the same LAN I also have a Windows 7 PC that runs MC 23. On the PC I can play music through speakers.

JRemote also doesn't connect anymore.

Everything worked fine with exactly the same setup until I tried to run a software update on the Id.

Any suggestions how to troubleshoot are welcome.

Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2018, 09:58:42 pm »

That isn't the latest update.  You may not have installed it.

OliS

• Recent member
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2018, 06:37:34 am »

That isn't the latest update.  You may not have installed it.

That's what I thought, but nothing happens when I run the 12 command. It reboots and is still stuck at this version. It is connected to the internet - I checked that.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2018, 06:47:38 am »

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2018, 09:17:34 am »

That's what I thought, but nothing happens when I run the 12 command. It reboots and is still stuck at this version. It is connected to the internet - I checked that.
If you decide to update, you will need a new license. You can email deanna (at) jriver (dot) com with your NUC serial number to get a updated license.

If you using the Id as a server with a library you should make a backup of your library and media files stored on the Id (if any) first.

You can go directly from your version to the MC24 Id if you don't need to preserve data on the Id by following this thread:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115523.0.html

To get from MC20 to current preserving your data you need to download the firmware update to MC22 first then update using that.
Next you can update the MC22 Id to the current revision by downloading the most recent firmware update from the thread above.

moter

• Recent member
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2018, 09:59:00 am »

Are there instructions posted somewhere on how to update the Id?

JimH

• Administrator

OliS

• Recent member
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2018, 10:10:31 am »

If you decide to update, you will need a new license. You can email deanna (at) jriver (dot) com with your NUC serial number to get a updated license.

If you using the Id as a server with a library you should make a backup of your library and media files stored on the Id (if any) first.

You can go directly from your version to the MC24 Id if you don't need to preserve data on the Id by following this thread:

To get from MC20 to current preserving your data you need to download the firmware update to MC22 first then update using that.
Next you can update the MC22 Id to the current revision by downloading the most recent firmware update from the thread above.

My main problem is that MC pops up and then closes down and then opens up again on the ID. It is completely stable on my PC where I run MC23. I have no idea what lead to that, it is a new problem I never had before. The ID acts as a renderer only and is connected to a NAS and a BelCanto DAC. What should I do to stabilize the ID?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2018, 11:01:00 am »

My main problem is that MC pops up and then closes down and then opens up again on the ID. It is completely stable on my PC where I run MC23. I have no idea what lead to that, it is a new problem I never had before. The ID acts as a renderer only and is connected to a NAS and a BelCanto DAC. What should I do to stabilize the ID?
Have you added any devices on your network? This sounds like the Id has having an issue with a networked media device.

It's a bit of work but if you get the Id up to current it's more resilient against network errors.

TrevorW

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2018, 10:31:02 am »

Hi Folks,
I have just taken a deep breath and tried to update my jriver ID v22 to v24.
From reading I saw that I needed to conduct a firmware update so I followed the instructions in article 110326. All seemed to go OK but I don't have my library connected any more (No big deal as this is external on a Synology NAS) I also needed to reenter my licence details which I did through option 18 of the menu.

After all of this I am left with a system with:
ID 22.0.83 MC 23.0.102 ENGEN 1.0.69 the previous values were
ID:22.0.81 MC:22.0.112 ENGEN 1.0.69

So I'm confused, where does the MC 23 feature in all of this. I tried one further update attempt but no change in status. What do I need to do to get version 24 onto my NUC ID ?

PS I used the idxrepair3.img and rufus2.3 to build the USB stick all booted and updated OK (or appeared to)

Also I did backup my media libarary and I did try its restoration but I still don't connect to my NAS. Any reason for this . . . but most important is to get the v24 finished.

Thanks
Regards
Trevor McCarthy-White
Synology DS411 NAS server/JR ID24.0.17/MC26.0.107-5/Benchmark DAC1 USB/Rotel RC1590/RB1582Mk2/Bowers and Wilkins CM10S2/CM1S2/Ruark Dialogue/REL R205

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2018, 11:06:21 am »

You may be doing the wrong update.  Try this:

BradATIMA

« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2018, 11:38:57 am »

Hi Folks,
I have just taken a deep breath and tried to update my jriver ID v22 to v24.
From reading I saw that I needed to conduct a firmware update so I followed the instructions in article 110326. All seemed to go OK but I don't have my library connected any more (No big deal as this is external on a Synology NAS) I also needed to reenter my licence details which I did through option 18 of the menu.

After all of this I am left with a system with:
ID 22.0.83 MC 23.0.102 ENGEN 1.0.69 the previous values were
ID:22.0.81 MC:22.0.112 ENGEN 1.0.69

So I'm confused, where does the MC 23 feature in all of this. I tried one further update attempt but no change in status. What do I need to do to get version 24 onto my NUC ID ?

PS I used the idxrepair3.img and rufus2.3 to build the USB stick all booted and updated OK (or appeared to)

Also I did backup my media libarary and I did try its restoration but I still don't connect to my NAS. Any reason for this . . . but most important is to get the v24 finished.

Thanks

This is correct. The USB update image is a bit old. The important thing is that it installs the Media Center Id firmware. If you're running Media Center 23 on the Id, then it has the Media Center Id firmware. To get to Media Center 24, you just need to update from the main menu (option 12). However, the update server was disabled because of the recent server hack. The update server should be working as of a couple of minutes ago, so try the check for updates from the Id main menu again.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up