INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I add my cover art to each file in the tags?  (Read 4369 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
How do I add my cover art to each file in the tags?
« on: October 13, 2015, 06:31:56 pm »

How can I have Media Center copy my cover art over from Folder.jpg into the tags of each FLAC file?  I have always stored cover art as Folder.jpg but it would be best if I could add it to the tags as well.  This way, other software that reads the music will see the cover art as well.  Or is this a bad idea?  Some viewers are smart enough to look for Folder.jpg while others are not.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How do I add my cover art to each file in the tags?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 06:52:15 pm »

Just tell MC to store the cover art in the file.  It's a good idea.

blgentry

Re: How do I add my cover art to each file in the tags?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 07:21:54 pm »

I think you'll need to turn on the setting and then tell MC to update all of your media files.  Like this:

1.  Tools > Options > File Location > Cover Art > also store images in the file's tag > (checked)
2.  Go to a view with all of your files.  Select all of them.
3.  <Right click> Library Tools > Update tags (from library)

This will have the side effect of writing any tags to your files that are not already there (album, artist, etc).

Try this on ONE file to start.  Verify.  Then do an album.  Verify.  Then do a larger group.  Make sure it doesn't break anything, like hanging MC or making your machine crash or something.  Eventually select the remaining files and update them too.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up