INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 21.0.15 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 10183 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 21.0.15 for Windows -- Available here
« on: October 15, 2015, 10:38:22 am »

This is the latest version of MC21.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter210015.exe

21.0.15 (10/14/2015)

1. Fixed: DSP presets set for video files didn't load properly.
2. Changed: The PercData genres for TV programs are saved in Keywords tag, to be consistent with treatment of XMLTV data.
3. Changed: Mapped more XMLTV program "categories" to MC Genre field.
4. Fixed: DVB TV channels with video PID equal to 0x1fff were not marked as audio-only (and thus were not played correctly).
5. Fixed: Drop panes weren't working properly.
6. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
7. Fixed: Webpage playback could result in a black screen until the player was resized.
8. Fixed: PercData EPG data had time shifted by a few hours.
9. Changed: Updated Italian translation file (thanks Matteo).
10. Fixed: Made the ASIO driver work with Sony Movie Studio.

21.0.14 (10/12/2015)

1. Fixed: WTV files didn't play on Library Server Clients without direct files access.
2. Fixed: Typing the value [Varies] into a field for editing didn't work.
3. Changed: Stopping video playback when using madVR would paint the splash screen of the video, but now that drawing is disabled.
4. NEW: PercData.com EPG data service is integrated in MC.
5. Fixed: Setting up DVB-S/C or QAM tuners when there are already existing similar hardware profiles could lead to crash.
6. Fixed: Unchecking a Linkwitz-Riley filter wouldn't stop it from processing.
7. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
8. Changed: Theater View only takes sidecar art that's of the name [Name][extra stuff].[extension] so that it won't get false matches when a lot of videos are stored next to each other.
9. Changed: Webpage files (htm and html) play inside the player in the internal browser instead of launching a web browser application.
10. Changed: Switched the naming of the dither mode option to 'Dither Mode (not zone-specific)' so that it's clearly labeled as not zone specific.
11. Fixed: A little typo 'Channel gouping' instead of 'Channel grouping'.
12. NEW: The 'Manage Plug-ins' button in DSP Studio has an option 'Show Always On Top' to make DSP Studio a top-most window.
13. NEW: Expressions can take the data type &DataType=[Day] to be the day of a week name and then the sorting will be correct.
14. Changed: Updated German translation (thanks bytestar).

21.0.13 (10/09/2015)

1. Fixed: Encoding a DVD profile used the wrong video dimensions in 21.0.12.
2. Fixed: Encoding MPEG-2 video did not use multi-threading in 21.0.12 (and was thus slower than expected).
3. Fixed: Deinterlacing was not activated reliably when transcoding.
4. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
5. Changed: Updated Russian translation (thanks Vladimir).
6. Changed: Updated to the latest version of LibRaw.
7. Changed: Tuned the H.264 video conversion profiles to make better use of their allocated bandwidth (slightly increases quality across the board).
8. Fixed: Video Transcoding could get stuck at 0% if opening the encoder failed (instead of showing the failure in the UI).

21.0.12 (10/08/2015)

1. Changed: Picking a smaller number of Car Radio buttons no longer deletes the playlists above that number.  It'll leave them so if you set the count higher they'll come back.
2. Changed: Added an on-screen message "Waiting for signal lock..." when TV waits for signal for longer than 6 seconds.
3. NEW: Added 'Initial Key' field and support for the appropriate tags in MP3/ID3, FLAC, M4A and WMA.
4. Changed: Re-designed video transcoding engine (internal change).

21.0.11 (9/30/2015)

1. Changed: Put a dash in the naming of Linkwitz-Riley.
2. Changed: Reworked the w64 changes from the previous build.
3. Changed: Setting the playback range for a file automatically sets the duration of the file to reflect that change.
4. Fixed: Stopping playback by clearing Playing Now with a big pre-buffer set and a fadeout on stop mode set would hang a little while.
5. Changed: Made some adjustments to the way borders are handled to resolve a compatibility issue with custom skins, and reduced the height of the resizing zone for the bottom border.
6. Fixed: The EPG scheduling time controls were not grayed out when Load Program Guide window was initially displayed with "Automatically load program guide everyday in the background" checkbox unchecked.
7. Changed: On Load Program Guide window, if none of the guide loading modes is selected, the "Run selected profiles now" checkbox will be grayed out.
8. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
9. NEW: RIFF Metadata Tags in W64 files are imported into the library.
10. Changed: Added more diagnostic logging entries for TV recording cleanup.
11. Changed: Marked the strings "Parameters" and "Examples" in the expression tooltip for translation.
12. Changed: Marked the string "Max" for translation in the CD burning options page.
13. Changed: Ran all the translation files through the source code translation engine to update the strings in the file.
14. Fixed: The "Set As Desktop Background" dialog didn't scale nicely on high DPI.
15. NEW: Added a right-click menu to the Car Radio buttons that offers a choice of how many buttons to show.

21.0.10 (9/24/2015)

1. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
2. NEW: Added a Linkwitz-Riley filter to Parametric Equalizer.
3. Changed: When creating a particle with a playback range the range will be used to update the duration (instead of keeping the duration the length of the entire clip).
4. Fixed: An STB TV channel played on a client could be silent.
5. Fixed: A rare crash involving the explorer.
6. Fixed: Taskbar buttons didn't work when MC was run as administrator.
7. Changed: Added a warning to remind users to run EPG loading tool after Auto Grouping is done.
8. NEW: When a user sets up two or more profiles that share the same EPG channel lineup, a popup message box is shown to offer to group channels.
9. Changed: Marked the secure rip report strings for translation.
10. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
11. Changed: Updated the Print Preview window to work nicely with high DPI.
12. Fixed: Printing checks for the no printer condition before opening the dialog and shows an error if that state is found (it was crashing).
13. Changed: Renamed the toolbar button from "Navigation" to "Favorites" (since it's all about favorites).
14. Fixed: Made the quick search box size properly on high DPI.
15. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.66.
16. Fixed: The 3D tunnel visualization could stall when playing a file that didn't have many impacts.
17. Changed: MC will be slightly more aggressive in filtering out duplicate programs when doing subscription recordings on all channels.
18. Fixed: A filename with the type w64 would get treated differently than a file with the type wav.
19: Fixed: DLNA: MC's renderer was posting the wrong STOP command which was causing a long delay eventing the STOP when the Audio setting for STOP was FADEOUT
20. Fixed: Television setup wizard did not save the "The tuner is capable of DVB-T2/S2/C2" checkbox state properly.
21. NEW: Ctrl+D opens DSP Studio.

21.0.9 (9/19/2015)

1. Changed: On television setup's mc2xml settings page, the provider token control is changed from an edit box to a combo box, which is filled with previously setup provider tokens.  The current hardware profile name is entered as a suggested name.  Added more details to the instruction text too.
2. Changed: Renamed the Restore and Maximize buttons for the Pearl Bailey skin because they were reversed.
3. Changed: Changed ordering of some television setup pages so that remote control activation page and IR learning page are not far apart.
4. Changed: Added the strings 44,100 Hz, etc. to the translatable phrases list.
5. Fixed: The small icon for the Playing From item would go away when picking a translation.
6. Changed: Added a space between the number and number label in a few places in the code.
7. Fixed: Television recording on STB channels could be silent.
8. Fixed: Playing audio in multiple zones simultaneously could crash since 21.0.7.
9. Changed: Tweaked flushing and presenting in 3D rendering for Theater View to avoid it freezing, testing appreciated.

21.0.8 (9/17/2015)

1. Fixed: Television setup EPG loading mode selection was not pre-selected on fresh new setup since we integrated mc2xml.
2. Changed: Tweaked the resizing that happens on the top border of the player.
3. Fixed: The reporting of the DSD sample rate was only fixed if the player was sending DoP but not if it was bitstreaming native DSD.
4. Changed: Extended the range of the bitdepth simulator in the PEQ to 2-32 bits.
5. Changed: When the Analyze Audio dialog opens the keyboard focus will be on the "Analyze" button.
6. Fixed: When picking a scale bigger than 100%, the tree would truncate the images instead of growing its size.
7. Changed: Updated the SoundTouch library used in the Tempo/Pitch/Rate DSP and VideoClock functionality.
8. Fixed: On "Manage Channels" window clicking "Auto Group" button did nothing when there are two sets of Set-top box channels using the same channel lineup.
9. Fixed: Television setup wizard saved an empty EPG loading profile.
10. Fixed: Video Playback properly flushes the DSP engine when seeking.
11. Changed: The word "Drive" can be translated in the CD, DVD, & BD options page.
12. Changed: Added the option "Show 'Recently Imported' when clicking on 'Details' when an import finishes" to optionally not show the recently imported playlist.
13. Changed: Standardized the buttons on the image editor to "Apply" and "Cancel" (so removed some buttons like 'Remove Red Eye' and 'Heal').
14. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
15. Fixed: Television setup did not work (in build 21.0.7) when choosing mc2xml or XMLTV for EPG for non-STB and non-CableCARD channels.
16. Changed: Sped up search results.

21.0.7 (9/14/2015)

1. NEW: Added optional full strength TPDF Dithering in the audio engine (Options > Audio > Advanced > Dither Mode).
2. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. Changed: When running television setup, mc2xml will no longer be executed twice, once for channels once for guide.  Now only one run (unless there is a failure) will be needed, even if there are multiple types of channels to be setup (with identical channel lineup).
4. Fixed: Accepted search suggestions weren't always working.
5. Changed: The sample rate of DSD when bitstreaming will be reported more correctly by the player (it was showing the rate it would become if it became PCM).
6. Changed: Switched the spacebar in Theater View to always play what's selected instead of only playing if playback was stopped.
7. Changed: Made the ideal width of a small image column a little wider.
8. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wer

Re: Media Center 21.0.15 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 10:57:41 am »

Thanks for the update Matt.  Just confirmed both the skipped silence and Theater View art issues are still present in 21.0.15.

Regarding the theater view artwork issue, I hope you saw my message in the .11 thread that it is provoked by having artist artwork installed, and does not occur if you don't have artist artwork.

About the silence problem, I'm sorry you're having trouble reproducing it; frustrating for both of us.

Does the word "Play" ever flash in the middle of your screen when you hit ctrl-p?   If you never see it, that's significant, and I ask again, what routine in the program causes the word Play to flash in the middle of the screen?  Because it is only when that word flashes that I see the bug.  If the word does not flash, silence is always played.  If the word does flash, silence is skipped.  All while using ctrl-p every single time.  I've also just found that the problem only occurs if you are already on the "Playing Now" screen when you hit ctrl-p.  If you are on any different screen so that it has to play the animation to get to the Playing Now screen, then the silence seems to be always played.

Between the two, I think the artwork problem is more important...

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 11:34:08 am »

About the silence problem, I'm sorry you're having trouble reproducing it; frustrating for both of us.

Just got to the bottom of it.  Hitting Ctrl+P at Playing Now was starting the file playback twice, and the second time there's no silence because it was already playing.

So look for a fix next build:
Fixed: Hitting Ctrl+P in Theater View's Playing Now could cause start up silence to be skipped.

wer

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 11:50:12 am »

Awesome!  Yet another bit of evidence in my favor in the ongoing debate of whether I'm crazy or not.   ;D

Any luck on reproducing the artwork thing once you add the artist images?

Thanks!

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 02:23:02 pm »

When playing to my Sonos Play:1 speaker, the play stats for the first track aren't updated (but all subsequent tracks are).

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 02:47:17 pm »

Awesome!  Yet another bit of evidence in my favor in the ongoing debate of whether I'm crazy or not.   ;D
MC has a LOT of settings.

Last year, I had a persistent problem which several people tried to reproduce - but could not.

It turned out that I had checked one small obscure setting - something that (evidently) hardly anyone else was using, and as a result they could not reproduce the bug (because it only happened when that setting was checked).

SO, forum readers - relax - you are not crazy !  ;D

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 02:53:39 pm »

Any luck on reproducing the artwork thing once you add the artist images?

Yes, I'm hopeful that'll be fixed next build.  Thanks for pointing it out.

wer

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 03:01:26 pm »

Great, thanks Matt.  You're a prince.

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 10:14:15 am »

>21.0.15 (10/14/2015)
>10. Fixed: Made the ASIO driver work with Sony Movie Studio.

Sibelius (7.1.3) now won't open unless I uninstall the JRiver ASIO driver. I realize it may not be a JRiver issue, but these are far and away the two pieces of software I use the most often, so I thought it was at least worth mentioning.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 10:56:31 am »

>21.0.15 (10/14/2015)
>10. Fixed: Made the ASIO driver work with Sony Movie Studio.

Sibelius (7.1.3) now won't open unless I uninstall the JRiver ASIO driver. I realize it may not be a JRiver issue, but these are far and away the two pieces of software I use the most often, so I thought it was at least worth mentioning.

Hopefully fixed next build:
Fixed: Sibelius was not running with the ASIO driver installed.

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 12:50:32 pm »

Thanks!

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 10:31:50 pm »

I can't get "Do not play silence" to remain unchecked. As soon as I click "OK" to exit the options window, and then re-open the options window, "Do not play silence" is re-checked. Very frustrating when the fade outs on songs stop early. If this is a bug, and not just my system being weird, I'll wait for a fix. If it's just my system being weird, can I somehow adjust the "silence" threshold as a workaround? Say, if it's -45dB now, can I change it to trigger at -90dB or something ridiculously low? Thanks in advance for any help.

audio5

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2015, 01:50:17 am »

updated to 21.0.15 last night on Windows 7 64bit, it crashed every time I try to use it, installed 21.0.11, no problem.

High-End

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2015, 03:28:43 am »

21.0.14 (10/12/2015)
9. Changed: Webpage files (htm and html) play inside the player in the internal browser instead of launching a web browser application......

What is the advantage of this?
I use MC for the "Digital Concert Hall of Berliner Philharmoniker" The DCH is based on Flsh Media.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2015, 07:37:11 am »

updated to 21.0.15 last night on Windows 7 64bit, it crashed every time I try to use it, installed 21.0.11, no problem.
Probably another antivirus problem.  Please start a new thread with details.

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 10:03:55 am »

Another issue I'm having with .15 that I wasn't having with .14, "Move all files in folder (including non-imported files)" no longer works at all. It's checked, but when I Move and Rename files JRiver moves the imported audio files, but not the cover art files in the same folder.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 02:22:59 pm »

minor gui issue... I've noticed that the "sync handheld" option gets confused and reports increasingly negative %age left amounts when you sync. I think it started when I added a playlist that contains library entries that are particles.

robydago

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2015, 04:00:25 pm »

Same here. Using Windows 10 64it.
Back to 21.0.9 and it's now working again.
(I use Microsoft Windows Defender as AV.)

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2015, 04:44:30 am »

Don't know if this intended, or is a bug, but it seems that text are not centered on the horizontal line, is off for a few pixels.
Here is an example:
https://gyazo.com/2adcedcf3caae4eaf5ceeff675877d62

Xul

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2015, 04:49:07 am »

Hello, just came across a very minor bug: under the Audio > Recent Albums mode when you move the cursor over any cover, the 'Play' / 'File' buttons which appear don't get underlined, or at least not always as it should be.

MC 21.0.15 on Win 10 x64

v_erich

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2015, 05:22:31 am »

Same here too, under Win 2012 R2 Server (Baremetal).
21.0.11 no problem.

BR
Erich
Pages: [1]   Go Up