INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Codec? clash with Sony Audio Editor  (Read 1978 times)

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
Codec? clash with Sony Audio Editor
« on: October 22, 2015, 07:47:57 am »

Been using MC since vers 9 and never had any problem with MC interfering with any other software.
Jumping from MC Vers 18 to 20 I have lost much sleep trying to get my Sony Sound Forge going.  Seems the removal of Vers 20 and reinstalling vers 18 has solved the problem.
Is this a known issue and has/will be rectified before I jump into MC version 21.    PC is 64bit Windows 10.
Many thanks for any advice.
Peter

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Codec? clash with Sony Audio Editor
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 09:09:32 am »

“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 12:51:01 pm »

Thank you for that link.   I did 'search' for any reference to Sony before I posted here and nothing popped up.
I had been using Sony Audio Editor since 2011 happily alongside JRiver MC with no problems.   Whenever I had to upgrade/reinstall Windows 7-10 JRiver was always one of the first progs to be installed so it was always in place before reinstalling/running the Sony stuff.   
As someone mentioned there is only one JRiver but there are a number of audio editors I could use but I'd rather not have to learn another if it can be avoided.

I had tried the Ctl/Shift to run Sony as well as clean reinstall after registry cleanout, run as Admin, etc, and every other solution I could try including a Windows 10 reset over about a week before Sony support finally came back recommending the removal of JRiver.  Their forums were no help at all.    Interact rides again and proves it's a great support vehicle.
Seems if I upgrade to JRiver version 21 the problem may have been solved and I can use both again?

I can't live without JRiver MC but there are other audio editors I could use. 

Cheers.

Peter

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 02:31:54 am »

When I did the search for "Sony" looking for some reference to my problem I did so only on Vers 21 cos I did not realise that Vers 20 forum had been hidden in 'MORE".  That solved that puzzle, at least in my mind.
It seems there have been more Sony users experiencing similar problems prior to Vers 21.?
Pages: [1]   Go Up