INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems installing a master license form MC20 on RPI MC21  (Read 3603 times)

PrinterPrinter

• World Citizen
Problems installing a master license form MC20 on RPI MC21
« on: October 23, 2015, 11:37:36 am »

Hello,
I have a master licence for MC20 which was very kindly upgraded to included MC21 (I bought it very close to the cut off).

I installed MC21 on the PI and restored my licence - the file I to sent seems identical to the master licence file I already had with MC20 (same name and size). On the pi when I tried to install it via the terminal I got an error message but when I double clicked it on the pi in the file explorer I had both an error message and a confirmation that it was installed successfully.

Apparently it wasn't installed as now MC21 boots up with (25 days remaining) - I'm probably missing something...

Thanks!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problems installing a master license form MC20 on RPI MC21
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 05:06:02 pm »

Hello,
I have a master licence for MC20 which was very kindly upgraded to included MC21 (I bought it very close to the cut off).

I installed MC21 on the PI and restored my licence - the file I to sent seems identical to the master licence file I already had with MC20 (same name and size). On the pi when I tried to install it via the terminal I got an error message but when I double clicked it on the pi in the file explorer I had both an error message and a confirmation that it was installed successfully.

Apparently it wasn't installed as now MC21 boots up with (25 days remaining) - I'm probably missing something...

Thanks!
Your pi needs an internet connection to install the license and at least version 21.0.7 of MC.
If it didn't work with an internet connection, check the permissions and ownership on the file
Machine Settings.ini in your .jriver/Media\ Center\ 21/Settings directory (and on the directory itself).
If they are OK delete the Machine Settings file and try again.
If it still doesn't work, install the .mjr file from the command line (as the MC user)
aka
mediacenter21 "some file name.mjr"
you need the quotes because of the spaces in the file name.

PrinterPrinter

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 05:47:32 am »

Hello Mate,
I tried all of these steps and I keep getting 'Your licence file is not valid for media center" - followed by a message saying 'licence restored successfully' - but it doesn't work because now when I try to open MC21 it tells me 'trial expired'...

What am I doing wrong? Is it possible that I need my licence file to be actually names MC21 - my current one says MC20 in the file name? Please advise... no music...

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 06:13:51 am »

An MC20 license won't work with MC21.

PrinterPrinter

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 10:38:34 am »

An MC20 license won't work with MC21.

I was under the impression my MC20 master licence was upgraded to MC21 because I bought it very close to the cut off date (that was unexpected and very kind, BTW).

When I went to restore my licence I got the exact same file I had with MC20 so I assumed it worked...

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 06:10:02 pm »

Assuming what you're saying us correct, you bought to have received a new registration code specifically stating Media Centre 21 Master :)
If you can't find this, the system should have an option to email you all your current licences.

If its not there, that's something for Jim or one of the other JR folks to comment on/ sort out.

-Leezer-
Pages: [1]   Go Up