INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver freezes when playing itunes DRM  (Read 2489 times)

merl1n74

JRiver freezes when playing itunes DRM
« on: October 23, 2015, 08:11:05 pm »

I'm seeing JRiver freeze when it encounters songs that were downloaded with itunes DRM copyright protection.  I get that it can't play the songs because of the copyright, but it freezes and I have to shut down jriver, and it doesn't like that because it doesn't always come back up right.  I'm in the process of ditching all of that music, but it won't happen over night.  Just want to see if anybody else is seeing the same thing?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver freezes when playing itunes DRM
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 05:37:55 pm »

Is there a tag on those files that identifies them as DRM iTunes files?

If so, you could exclude them from the views and playlists you are using, until you replace them all. No more freezes

Also, I'm not a big iTunes user, but can't you just go to iTunes and re-download all your music without re-purchasing, as none of it has DRM any more, and then replace your existing copies with the new ones? I would have thought that would be a pretty quick process, unless your internet is really slow.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 06:08:38 pm »

If I'm not mistaken, itunes DRM files are file type M4P.  So you could search for all of them with:

[File Type]=m4p

Or alternatively exclude all of them with:

-[File Type]=m4p

You could put the exclusion into the rules for a view if that would help.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 02:23:31 am »

Do an Internet search for "iTunes Match".  You can exchange protected DRM files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up