INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback could not be started using the format: 96kHz 24bit 2ch  (Read 1950 times)

MartinW

• Recent member
  • It's better to burn out then to fade away
Playback could not be started using the format: 96kHz 24bit 2ch
« on: October 25, 2015, 05:31:51 am »

Hi,
I've got a problem playing files like in the image "Title_Properties...", that have e.g. 96kHz 24bit 2ch and above. Than the "Message..." appears and when accepting, everythings fine. But then those files are downgraded to 48kHz and I think to 16 bit as well.
But I do have a lots of music above 16 bit and 48kHz, so what ist the right setting?

-->I'm using a Cambridge Azur 651A a amplifier, and is dirct connected to USB Audio without a driver.

How to solve this issue??

RG Scorpillon
-------------------
AVM Pre-Amplifier V30, AVM Mono Amp M30, Dali Rubicon 8, Thorens TD160 MK II with Hana SH, Merason Frerot DAC, Expsure CD 2020, Focal Spirit Classic
-------------------

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playback could not be started using the format: 96kHz 24bit 2ch
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 08:53:48 am »

You might need a driver for your USB Audio Device if you want high rates like 96/24 to work. You should check with the manufacturer of your DAC if they offer a USB Audio Class 2.0 driver to enable these formats.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playback could not be started using the format: 96kHz 24bit 2ch
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 09:47:59 am »

That Amp/DAC has a maximum sample rate of 48kHz at 16 bit.

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/hifi-and-home-cinema/azur-651a

So, you'll want to enable Output Format to downconvert everything above 48kHz down to 48kHz.  The screen shot you posted, shows good settings for that, but I can't see if Output Format has a check next to it, which enables those settings.

If you want to go higher, you'll need a DAC that supports higher sampling rates and depths.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up