INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Rip and Auto Eject Not working  (Read 2269 times)

audiomaniac1

Auto Rip and Auto Eject Not working
« on: October 28, 2015, 05:27:28 pm »

I'm a new user evaluating JRiver on Macbook Pro. I'm running Yosemite and MC 21. I find that two features I really need, auto rip and auto eject, do not work. I've tried modifying the settings for the CD/DVD in Yosemite and still have the problem. Of course auto rip and auto eject works in iTunes.

I should mention that I'm currently running in trial mode to make sure all the features work....uh ummm.

Is this a known issue and are there any fixes? Thanks.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto Rip and Auto Eject Not working
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 09:41:40 pm »

There have been a number of posts on this forum about CD ripping being inconsistent.  I'm not sure what is being done to work on it behind the scenes at JRiver.

Frankly, I don't care.  But I've ripped HUNDREDS of CDs with my Macbook Pro.  I use a free third party tool to do so called XLD.  Once you set it up, it can be very tightly integrated with MC21 for Mac.  On my system it goes like this:

1.  Insert CD and wait for a few seconds while it spins up and XLD reads it and gets metadata.
2.  Optionally edit the metadata if it isn't perfect.  Press the rip button.
3.  After a while, the CD ejects.
4.  About 20 seconds later, MC's auto import sees the new files, and they appear in my lists.  Actually this happens *as* the tracks are ripped, but it's complete a few seconds after the CD ejects.

MC is undoubtedly THE BEST MEDIA MANAGER on the planet.  It's just no contest.  If the CD ripping support isn't perfect on Mac, or needs some tweaks, no big deal.  I'll use something else.  There's no substitute for MC overall.

Sometimes the guys at JRiver don't like it when I mention another product.  In this case I think it's justified, as it compliments MC in an area that's been problematic for some people with Macs.

I hope your trial goes well.  If you have other questions that you can't figure out on your own, with the forum, or the wiki, please post new threads here and we'll try to help you.

Brian.

audiomaniac1

Re: Auto Rip and Auto Eject Not working
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 11:50:10 pm »

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the information and warm welcome to the forum. I have gone ahead and purchased MC. My needs are very simple. I'm just ripping to a NAS so that I can listen on my stereo via a Bluesound Node 2. iTunes is a real PITA with missing cover art and I'm not going to spend hours manually hunting and entering the data. MC is perfect with the exception of the two features I mentioned not working. Common JRiver! Please give us Mac owners a break and get this fixed!

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up