INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MusicBrainz Picard with LastFM Plus Plugin for Genre Tagging - alternative?  (Read 27169 times)

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe

I have been using MusicBrainz Picard together with the LastFM Plugin for several years now for tagging of my music files - in particular GENRE. Picard in combination with LastFM worked very well, usually I got a set of genres back for all my requests.

For the last weeks I am observing that only one Genre tag is thrown back, often even no Genre at all.

Does have someone a good alternative for Picard to get LastFM genres for the own music collection? Or maybe another eqal alternative?

Al ex

Anyone?

blgentry

I played with the lastFM plugin for Picard a couple of months ago and couldn't get it to do anything useful.  I thought it was broken at the time.

Anyway, you might want to check out MCUtils.  I'm fairly certain it includes a mode to do a discogs lookup, including Genre:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100449.0

Brian.

Al ex

I played with the lastFM plugin for Picard a couple of months ago and couldn't get it to do anything useful.  I thought it was broken at the time.

Anyway, you might want to check out MCUtils.  I'm fairly certain it includes a mode to do a discogs lookup, including Genre:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100449.0

Brian.

Probably you were installing Last.Fm, and not Last.Fm Plus, which was super as it populated multiple genres and there was much more to configure.

Regarding MCUtil - thanks for the tip Brian, I might try it out, although my ambitions to play around with PERL & Command Shell Window and similar is quite low at he moment due to my main job workload at the moment (which is not coding as you can see obviously :)

theoctavist

• World Citizen
  • a bad liver and a broken heart.

theres nothing to play around with perl wise. it is automated now.

i use MCUtils. it is amazing

Al ex

theres nothing to play around with perl wise. it is automated now.

i use MCUtils. it is amazing

Still difficult to install.
But letīs see - if not today, maybe tomorrow... :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up