INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Migrating from Windows to Linux  (Read 1811 times)

mplicit

• Junior Woodchuck
Migrating from Windows to Linux
« on: November 12, 2015, 01:30:28 pm »

Hi I'm a newbie here and have desperately been  trying to restore my Library from JRMC21 for Windows to JMRc21 for Linux.
i practically read most of the posts regarding this subject and haven't found a clear set of instructions on how to do it.
This business of incompatibility of slashes (backward vs forward) between the two OS has driven me crazy. I simply don't understand why JR doesn't allow us to just replace a \ with a / in the find and replace function in the Library Tool.
All I need is the following:

Say each album is in its corresponding folder which itself is in folder Music
so the full path of a track  in the Library for Windows will look something like c:\music\Beatles-Help\help.mp3

Then I need in Linux to find c:\music\ and replace it with /home/music/. The software should then be able to preserve the folder structure and replace all \ with /. The result should then be in Linux : /home/music/Beatles-Help/help.mp3

I need this solution to preserve the folder structure.
Pointing to a base pathname doesn't help as it loses the folder structure.
Re-importing takes ages and messes up all the images (cover images) ID which are used to display the albums in " the most recent" classification.

Hope someone has a solution for this. I would be very grateful!

for now my library in JMC21 for Linux is empty... :-\

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Migrating from Windows to Linux
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 11:37:16 pm »

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Moving_Files

Use the find & replace tool for the basepath. I think MC is fine with forwards or backwards slashes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up