INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: MC 21 "Mini-View" customization  (Read 2255 times)

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
Feature Request: MC 21 "Mini-View" customization
« on: November 13, 2015, 10:58:18 am »

MC21 has no "Now Playing" feature similar to Linux "Screenlets" Now Playing mini apps. What it does have, as a work around, is "Mini View".

It seems to me that having two small spectrum analysers in each corner of Mini View, while balanced, is redundant. It would be nice if a small cover art photo of the playing track could replace, at least, one of the analysers. It would also be great if "Mini View" could be resizable vertically in addition to horizontally. It would be even better if all the elements of "Mini View" could be user configurable to create custom "now playing" on screen control widget.

The two attached "screenlets" when moused over pop up transport contols (play/pause, stop, forward, backward) to control playback. One is built in to "gmusicbrowser" the other is the mini-app "Now Playing" from the Linux "Screenlets" package always found in Debian based distros.
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

phillil

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Feature Request: MC 21 "Mini-View" customization
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 10:45:54 am »

I was wondering the same (kind of).....

I really like the look of JRemote when it is playing music. ie. it displays the album art, progress bar, track info, bitrate etc. and there is the option of 'skip', 'back' etc.
I would quite like JR to have something similar so I can hook up a small screen direct to the RPi

I know there is the 'display view' in MC but it only shows the album art, not the rest of the info shown on JRemote.

Ideally, I would like the small screen to be permanently switched on to play a slideshow of my pictures when no music is playing, but then auto switch to a JRemote similar type of view when I start playing music.

Is it possible to configure MC in this way?? And if it is, do you think the RPi has the muscle to run a slideshow of pictures??

Many thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up