INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.244 beta available  (Read 5569 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.244 beta available
« on: September 03, 2003, 02:12:11 pm »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  There are still some known (and unknown) bugs.  

The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe

The latest build of 9.1 beta is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91244.exe    

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI, please use another thread.

History:
1. Fixed: Playlist views didn't save / load sorting properly.
2. Changed: Auto-save sorting changes now on by default.
3. Changed: Restructured list style menu.
4. Fixed: Volume couldn't be set with just a click -- always required a click + drag.
5. Fixed: Action Window > Playlist would show sequence number even for unordered playlists.
6. Changed: When dropping files to an empty playlist, it automatically becomes an ordered playlist.
7. Changed: MC no longer says "Browsing..." in the statusbar while in web views.
8. Fixed: Improved history tracking for web pages.
9. Changed: System menu was modified to look more standard.
10. Fixed: "Run installed program" wasn't always working in the installer.
11. Fixed: On a fresh install, the Import dialog could show up behind the main program -- making it appear to be locked up.
12. Fixed: Sliders in mini-me skins wouldn't handle transparency properly.
13. NEW: Added command /PlayReplace to mjextman to replace Playing Now instead of using the default /Play behavior.
14. Changed: MJExtMan no longer case sensitive.
15. Fixed: Media Server didn't handle external cover art linked using relative paths properly.
16. Fixed: DVD volume names would show as a generic "DVD" instead of as the name of the actual DVD.
17. Fixed: Play on media insert (DVD & CD) didn't play the correct files.
18. Fixed: Adding an image to a file that had invalid filesystem characters in the artist / album name would cause a bad file to be created in the cover art directory.
19. Fixed: "Quick Find" cover art (import or from menu) wouldn't relink to cover art if there was already a broken link.
20. Changed: Action Window > Image pane flickers less when switching images.
21. Changed: While in-place editing multiple files at once, Tab and Shift+Tab now work.
22. Fixed: Starting line-in recorder could take a long time.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gkerber

Re: Media Center 9.1.244 beta available
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 02:45:07 pm »

2. Changed: Auto-save sorting changes now on by default.

After install this is ON, so if you want if OFF, change it to OFF in OPTIONS before changing any sorting you have.

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 03:28:02 pm »

Same bug as before, but some extra comments.

When dropping a selection of files from the right hand panes into the Action window which is showing an empty playlist - the order is not correct. The first file is always transposed to the bottom of the playlist.

Additional information. If I drop the files on the the border area of the AW where is says "Drag and drop files here" it is correct. However if you drag the files actually into the window you have the problem.

This leads me to wonder if you actually mean for people to drop files on the border or inside the window. If it is the former, this is quite unclear to me as I have regarded that area as the border for the window - not as a drop target.

Media Center Registered 9.1.244 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 898 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 60 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: SONY     CD-RW  CRX700E     Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 03:30:11 pm »

This leads me to wonder if you actually mean for people to drop files on the border or inside the window. If it is the former, this is quite unclear to me as I have regarded that area as the border for the window - not as a drop target.

Both work.  The border is a quick way to add to the end of the list.  Also, I can't reproduce the order switching.  Does it matter if it's an ordered or unordered list?  Any other clues?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2003, 04:08:28 pm »

Both work.  The border is a quick way to add to the end of the list.  Also, I can't reproduce the order switching.  Does it matter if it's an ordered or unordered list?  Any other clues?

How do I check for ordered/unordered list? All of my lists seem to have a sort order (which I have saved for different locations in the tree).

Any other clues? well it seems to be only in the case that the list is new and/or empty before I drag stuff onto it.

I will try it on another machine here and see whether I get the issue also. That may help figure it out.

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 9.1.244b Inline Recorder Bugs
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2003, 05:14:09 pm »

"22. Fixed: Starting line-in recorder could take a long time."

While the delay issue has been fixed, the Line-in recorder still has following bugs with the Audigy 2 sound card:

1. "Encoding For = CD Ripping". This is the only setting that works. Even though the Audigy2 recording level is being correctly controlled via the Audigy2 Mixer's Line-in slider. Seems to be a problem with the three choices offered for this setting (CD Ripping; File Conversion; Sound Recorder). Shouldn't there be additional choices for LP and Tape even though they are all really Line-In audio sources? It appears that "CD Ripping" really means "Line-In" -- very confusing.

2. Recorder Settings: "Recording Source = CD Audio". Again of the 4 choices for 'recording source' (CD Audio; Line in; Mic; and Mix) only CD Audio works. This choice is not correct for analog LPs, it should be LINE IN. Can the program work by providing only one choice (What U Hear) and then automatically listen for an acceptable audio level and pick the correct input? It would save a lot of confusion.
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2003, 05:20:55 pm »

I will try it on another machine here and see whether I get the issue also. That may help figure it out.

So I installed it on another machine here and get the same behaviour.

To replicate what I see.

1. In the Action Window, go to Playlists.
2. Click on "Create / Select Playlist"
3. Type in  a name for a new playlist.
4. Go to the "Audio" under "Media Library" in the tree above.
5. Search/select a group of files so that they appear in the panes on the right.
6. Select the files in the bottom pane and drag them onto the Action Window (not the border with "Drag and drop files here").
7. The top file listed in the right-hand pane now appears as the bottom file in the Playlist in the Action Window.

This may not appear to be a biggie - however I often create playlists using this method, from newly added albums (particularly double albums which have different [Album] titles) for ease of access from the "Quick Play" menu while in Mini-Me mode.

BTW I am seriously impressed by the number of bugfixes you guys are pumping through in the time between snapshots. Really great work!!

(The below system info is for the second machine I tested on - My normal machine is referenced already in this thread).

Media Center 9.1.244 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Server 5.2  (Build 3790)
Intel Pentium III 696 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 129 MB, Free - 33 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.0 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (srv03_rtm.030324-2048) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.3790.0 (srv03_rtm.030324-2048) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.3790.0 (srv03_rtm.030324-2048) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2003, 05:25:14 pm »

BUG:  

Under Tools>Options (General), I have double-click set to go to File Properties.  

Double-clicking on a track from the library opens and closes the action window, but does not bring you to file properties.  

It seems that if the option to select File Properties exists in the Tools>Options section, then it should work as stated.  If it's not possible given the new Action Window, then perhaps it should be removed from the Options drop-down selection.

-J

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2003, 09:17:39 pm »

Alpha Blending doesn't appear to be working on Window Objects in Metamorphis.

I'm not trying to alpha blend to the desktop. I'm trying to alphablend one metamorphis window on top of another metamorphis window. And I need to use a window for this for two reasons:

1. It's going to slide. The metamorphis scripting language only allows for animated motion on windows.

2. It has controls on it.

PhDSM

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2003, 11:01:39 pm »

Hello

Thanks for this new version.
It is great thatyou fixed (9.1.243) vizualization studio regarding the Text fields. However the Custom_1/2/3 field are still incorrect and return empty information. This errors exist since the move to 9.0. (It was ok in 8).
Also it would be great to be able to access "COMPOSER" field from Vizualization.

ONE IMPORTANT is that I noticed a major degradation of performance between 9.0 et 9.1. What did you do ?
Now when I click in the tree side it takes a lot of time to get datas in the detail window.
(I know  I have a 16000 entries database, but with 9.0 it was instantaneous, now it could take 2-5 seconds)
Regards

Philippe

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2003, 11:38:06 pm »

bug:
  • new list icons does not has a non-imported playing icon(in the old versions colored orange)
  • in the option menu tabs like playback when clicking ok saves only the current selected tab only.
  • frames close/max.. etc buttons and other objects does not play hover effect.
Tamer

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2003, 12:59:25 am »

17. Fixed: Play on media insert (DVD & CD) didn't play the correct files.

Hi,

Thank you for working on this problem.  However, I'm still having problems.  When I insert DVD, MC9 just tries to play back DVD.  Although, I didn't associate MC9 as DVD player.  How can I turn off this feature?  I really don't want to use MC9 for anything else except playing musics.

A concrete example of my situation is: I made playing now list and was listening them.  Then, I just remembered I had a drama DVD or something that I was watching.  I decided to watch it 30 min, then go back to the music.  Therefore, I paused MC9 (actually I need to push stop button to release sound card), inserted DVD, and started my favorite DVD player.  However, MC9 started DVD play-back also from some strange reason...  I can stop MC9, but my old "playing now" list is gone now.

Why does MC9 automatically start playback now?  Please stop this behavior if MC9 is not associated as a CD/DVD playback program.  Thanks.

dragyn

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2003, 02:40:36 am »

When renaming tree view groups and schemes, the favorite list doesn't reflect the new names.

Locate file (external) doesn't select the file like it used too. Also unable to locate a file in a given view scheme. Plus theres other stuff in the menu that don't do anything, like locate / keyword.

Can't drag columns to a new postion because the list doesn't scroll to the right when moving the mouse to the outer edge of the screen. Same thing happens with resizing columns.

If I move the rating column to the first column, everything works fine until a refresh. After that, there's a space at the left of the stars and the media type icon is missing from the second column. When this happens, the mouse doesn't correspond with the stars.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2003, 04:45:51 am »

Visualizations still running jerky. Tried two clean installs on two machines that are set up as such:

Machine 1: AMD Athlon 2600+, nVidia TI-4200 128MB video card, Sound Blaster PCI 128, Gigabyte GA-7VRXP(2.0) Mainboard (VAI Chipset), 1GB PC2700, Windows XP SP-1, DirectX 9.0b

Machine 2: Intel P4 2.4Ghz, Radeon 7000 32MB video card, Dell Motherboard with Intel chipset, 512MB PC2100, Windows XP SP-1, DirectX 8.1

At first I thought that it was the VAI chipset in Machine 1 until I loaded it on Machine 2 and experienced the same thing.  Anyone have any thoughts or ideas about this?

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2003, 07:07:21 am »

Small esthetic bug (but it robs of space...):
Lists in Action Window always reserve an empty space on the right for a scrollbar - although there's no scrollbar present...

Small esthetic Bug:
Some icons of the "ListIcons.png" don't have transparency.

This was fixed in .241, but now it appears again:
For the same (single...) selection of a track, the filename can be edited in the tracklist but not in in the File Properties / Action Window...

Don't know if this has worked before:
When listening to web radio, Playing Now's Track Info does not refresh when a new song starts. It's sticked to the page that is loaded when you start listening to the station.

nila

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2003, 11:43:15 am »

BUG

<-  (Backspace) and del buttons do NOT work in plugins.

This makes it nearly impossible to allow users to edit text entered.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2003, 11:44:47 am »

Looks like I'm done!  Now if I could just figure out what is causing the hiccups with my new motherboard & sound card (Delta K7N2 & Revo 7.1).

[*] Closed (Hardware-related) - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations
Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  An example of a bad stream: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.  A WMA stream from the station works fine.

[*] Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/08/22  Priority: Medium
Opening Not Accurate
Leaving MC in a folder such as (I:) causes it to reset to My Computer level when restarted.  This is probably related to the recently resolved Favorites issue.

[*] Deferred to Next Version - Date Opened: 2003/08/22  Priority: Low
Deletion Confirmation
When deleting files via My Computer that aren't imported, MC shouldn't ask whether to remove from library or not.

[*] Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/08/21  Priority: Low
Resizing/Refocus Issue
Click on a window that partially covers MC then click any of MC's visible borders while the cursor is showing the resize tool and MC will resize slightly smaller even though you only clicked  Also, you do not have the option to resize MC's window by grabbing directly beneath the button bar.

[*] Closed (by Design) - Date Opened: 2003/08/21  Priority: Low
Action Window Position
The Action Window should remain flush to the bottom at all times.  When there isn't enough displayed in the tree, there is a bit of white space beneath the Action Window.

[*] Deferred to Next Version - Date Opened: 2003/07/31  Priority: Low
No "to All" Buttons
Was moving some files that overwrote some other files and MC asks for confirmation on each.  There needs to be "Yes to All" and "No to All" buttons.

[*] Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/21  Priority: Low
Keyboard Shortcuts Unavailable in Web Media
You cannot use keyboard shortcuts such as CTRL-V.  You cannot tab between fields.

[*] Closed (Driver Issue) - Date Opened: 2003/07/09  Priority: Low
ASIO fades too early
Using ASIO mode with fast fades and playing a single track, the track will actually fade out and end a few seconds early.
Toast goes in the toaster.

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2003, 12:19:56 pm »

BUG:

Draggig a file from Playing now page (in AW) to a tree's item (or a panel's item) doesnt work.

If I drag a item from AW, it should be tagged. However, the files tagged are the ones selected in the detailed list (the whole library if none selected).

If you drag from AW, the whole library could be messed

nila

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2003, 12:49:47 pm »

Right clicking on the task bar brings up the menu with 'Close' on it - but pressing C does not make it close - we have to manually select Close :(

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2003, 12:56:46 pm »

BUG

<-  (Backspace) and del buttons do NOT work in plugins.

This makes it nearly impossible to allow users to edit text entered.

Nila,

What plugin are you talking about? I just tried Album View and it worked.

Nikolay

nila

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2003, 01:21:33 pm »

Bringing up a Common Dialog (Colour) from a plugin using VB is not drawing properly - none of the colours are showing through and MC is trying to skin the dialog.

nila

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2003, 01:24:22 pm »

Website Creator Deluxe!!
lol.

The ocx can be gotten here:

www.hostrus.co.uk/tmp/mcwc/WebsiteCreator.ocx

not sure if you need these files to:
www.hostrus.co.uk/tmp/mcwc/WebsiteCreator.lib
www.hostrus.co.uk/tmp/mcwc/WebsiteCreator.exp

Also suffering from the problem just posted about the colour dialog
Pages: [1]   Go Up