INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating a playlist ...  (Read 302 times)

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
Updating a playlist ...
« on: February 05, 2024, 08:23:51 pm »

I just deleted and re-uploaded a playlist, My Cherie Amour, for Valentine's Day.

i added several songs to the playlist.

I'm not sure the what the proper protocol is for updating a previously-upload playlist.  So I delete the prior version and upload the updated version.  I hope that does not cause too much consternation.

Enjoy!

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Updating a playlist ...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 11:14:44 pm »

If you don't delete tbe playlist, MC will just upload the changes.

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 12:48:46 am »

> MC will just upload the changes.

Yeah. That is where my questions begin.

Will those that have downloaded the "old" playlist now be updated with the "new" playlist?

In other words, if someone who downloaded the old My Cherie Amour playlist decides to listen to that playlist, will that person now get the songs added if I had just uploaded a new version?

I understand that there is a lot going on with the uploaded playlists (e.g., real people doing work), and I do not want to trivialize that effort.  I also understand that when I delete and re-upload a playlist, work is generated on the part of the great MC crew.  I do not take that lightly.

So let me ask a simple question....

Suppose I have uploaded a playlist last year or two years ago.  And now I have discovered in my music accumulation some songs that are appropriate for that playlist, and I want all those who have chosen to download that playlist to see the "new improved" playlist in their local MC windows.

How do I do that?

Does just uploading the same playlist name with new content automatically update all the MC instances of those who have downloaded the playlist previously?

It is not my intention to create more work for the great team of MC, but I also want to be able to update the playlists I upload and allow those who like those playlists to seamlessly enjoy additions.

So, how should I proceed?

=========

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 09:07:51 am »

> MC will just upload the changes.

Yeah. That is where my questions begin.

Will those that have downloaded the "old" playlist now be updated with the "new" playlist?

In other words, if someone who downloaded the old My Cherie Amour playlist decides to listen to that playlist, will that person now get the songs added if I had just uploaded a new version?
If they played the playlist from Cloudplay (the Internet), then yes.  A downloaded playlist wouldn't get updated automatically though.  They'd need to download it again.
I understand that there is a lot going on with the uploaded playlists (e.g., real people doing work), and I do not want to trivialize that effort.  I also understand that when I delete and re-upload a playlist, work is generated on the part of the great MC crew.  I do not take that lightly.
Deleting it makes no difference.  If you upload a revised playlist, the new playlist and any new files are all that get uploaded.
Suppose I have uploaded a playlist last year or two years ago.  And now I have discovered in my music accumulation some songs that are appropriate for that playlist, and I want all those who have chosen to download that playlist to see the "new improved" playlist in their local MC windows.

How do I do that?
They'd need to play from Cloudplay itself or re-download.

[/quote]

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 09:53:35 am »

OK, I have a much better understanding of it now.

Many thanks for the quick reply!

thx.

=========

Pages: [1]   Go Up