INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is no content pane showing?  (Read 2117 times)

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
Why is no content pane showing?
« on: December 02, 2015, 03:21:57 pm »

This is a very basic question. It's only about audio.

I have my albums sorted by genre. They are always listed by artist - sometimes multiple albums for each artist.

Most pages, when I open up the page, I see thumbnails at the top half of the screen in the display pane. Then there's a horizontal bar. Underneath, the contents of the albums are listed in the content pane.

But on one page, there is no horizontal bar and there is no content pane. I only get a content pane AFTER I click on an artist. Then, all the albums for that particular artist display as thumbnails in the top half of the page and the content pane lists the contents of those albums.

How did this happen, do you think? I can't understand it. Nor can I see a way of changing the format to introduce the content pane by default.

Any help appreciated.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Why is no content pane showing?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 04:04:11 pm »

This is a setting that can be enabled or disabled for each Media View in the Tree (on an individual basis).

1. Right click on the view in question in the Tree and choose Customize View.
2. In the Customize View dialog on the right-hand side under Settings, enable View Details > Always Show Files.

You can change this for any Categories-style Media View on a case by case basis.  On any view where they are not shown by default (where this is unchecked), you can also manually show the files at any time by manually opening the Divider Bar at the bottom of the View (down at the bottom on the right near the Status Bar).  See:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Divider_Bars
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 04:16:47 pm »

Aha - fixed! Many thanks indeed. Maybe "Always show details" would be a bit more intuitive than "Always show files" but I should have had the sense to try it anyway.

Many thanks again.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 05:24:07 pm »

Aha - fixed! Many thanks indeed. Maybe "Always show details" would be a bit more intuitive

Perhaps, but less accurate, since it doesn't always show the Details style file listing. The views can be changed to show Thumbnails or Album Thumbnails or whatever down there as well as Details.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 10:51:47 am »

Yes, on reflection, I see what you mean - in my setup the top pane shows album thumbnails whereas the bottom pane shows individual track files so in fact, "Always show files" is correct. I think I was mistakenly thinking of the album as a file whereas, in reality, it's a kind of folder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up