INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to reinstall JRiver's audio driver?  (Read 8037 times)

Lunatique

• World Citizen
How to reinstall JRiver's audio driver?
« on: December 06, 2015, 04:01:43 pm »

I was troubleshooting a DPC problem and uninstalled all audio drivers from my PC, to troubleshoot it. But now I can't find a way to reinstall the JRiver audio driver. I was on one version earlier than the latest, so I downloaded the latest version and installed it, thinking it would automatically reinstall the JRiver audio driver, but it didn't. So how do I force the JRiver audio driver to be installed? Is there a separate install for just the audio driver?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to reinstall JRiver's audio driver?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 06:09:19 pm »

Try just playing a file that requires the driver.

MC downloads and installs components as needed. I would have thought the MC "Audio Driver" was part of the base installation, but maybe not. In fact I'm not sure what you mean by audio driver in the MC context, unless you mean the WDM Driver. Anyway, just try playing something.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 06:53:56 pm »

Do you mean the WDM driver or the ASIO driver?  And how did you uninstall it?  Check under options-->general-->features and you should see options for the WDM and the ASIO driver.  If you check the box and restart, it should be installed.

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 08:20:07 pm »

I uninstalled it from Windows Device Manager.

When I wanted to get it back, I looked in Options/General/Features, and the WMD was missing. The ASIO was checked, but I don't see it anywhere in Options/Audio/Audio Device (it used to be there before I unintalled the JRiver audio drivers from Device Manager). I also don't see it in the Windows Playback Devices options anymore (it also used to be there before I uninstalled it).

After I installed the lastest version for V20, the checkbox for WMD is back, and I checked it and rebooted Media Center, but I still do not see it in the list of audio drivers in the Audio Device tab in Options/Audio.

What I'm trying to do, is to use the JRiver audio drivers so I can use the VST DSP plugins I installed in Media Center's DSP Studio even when watching online videos or listening to online streaming using the web browser, or when using some other media player.

EDIT: Okay, now the JRiver audio driver shows up in Windows Playback Devices options, but there's no sound when I try to play anything. Is there something else I'm supposed to do? And I still don't see them in the Audio Device tab in Options/Audio

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 10:51:38 pm »

Try unchecking the ASIO feature in MC,
then shutdown MC Client and Server, or just reboot,
then start MC and check the ASIO feature again,
then shutdown MC Client and Server, or just reboot.

Does that bring the ASIO driver back in Tools/Options/Audio/Audio Device, and the Windows Playback devices list?

For streaming, you need the WDM Driver for input into MC, and the ASIO driver (or any other playback device) for output from MC.
Get playback from local files using the ASIO driver working first, then worry about streaming via the WDM Driver.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 11:47:19 pm »

I tried your steps, and JRiver ASIO driver did not reappear in Media Center's audio options, or Window's playback devices options.

What is the benefit of using JRiver's ASIO driver over my soundcard/audio interface's ASIO or Direct Sound drivers?

I also tried your tips on using WMD driver from Windows playback devices, and then have Media Center playback using the soundcard's Direct Sound driver, and it worked. Woohoo! Thanks!

Is it possible to run the MC server for streaming to the DSP Studio, without also running Media Center? I'm just curious because sometimes I'm just watching online videos and if I don't need to boot up Media Center itself, it's just less apps open on my computer.

jaynyc

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 11:17:43 am »

Hi.  I am experiencing this on 1 of my systems.  I do not see JRiver audio available anywhere.

Note: these screenshots were taken 20 seconds apart

I have rebooted and still nothing.  Could I have accidentally done something inside services.msc or some other startup config that is stopping the MC20 JRiver driver from loading?

Thanks for any guidance.

--jay

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 11:34:12 am »

You want WDM Driver turned on at the very bottom of features. The program you are using does not use ASIO drivers so having that turned on wont help anything.

After turning on the WDM Driver, you need to reinstall the latest JRiver and allow the WDM driver to install.

jaynyc

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 11:37:46 am »

You want WDM Driver turned on at the very bottom of features. The program you are using does not use ASIO drivers so having that turned on wont help anything.

After turning on the WDM Driver, you need to reinstall the latest JRiver and allow the WDM driver to install.

THAT WORKED!! Thank you Mojave
Pages: [1]   Go Up