INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing to Denon  (Read 3600 times)

pks1414

• Recent member
Playing to Denon
« on: December 08, 2015, 03:40:57 pm »

I have started to use JRiver for the first time and I am puzzled at something that is happening. my set up is as follows. I have all of my music sitting on an acer 3610, OS Windows 10 and JRiver. I have a Denon RCD N9 to play the music. I am having problems getting jriver to recognise the Denon as the music player. I have noticed that I have options for, player, denon and this machine?. I have downloaded JRemote but it wont let me select the Denon as the player of choice. Any help on how I should be setting this up through my Home Network would be really appreciated

Thanks

Paul

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playing to Denon
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 04:56:07 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

You may be trying to use the Denon as a DLNA Renderer.  You could read about DLNA and about Media Network on our wiki.

At a minimum, you must turn Media Network on in MC's settings.  If the Denon shows up in the top section of Playing Now, try dragging an audio track to it.

pks1414

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 10:55:18 am »

Thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly. Somehow (and I don't know how) I now have the option on the main pc where the media server sits to select something called Player or Denon CEOL. When i double click on Denon it then shows now Playing in brackets and i am able to control what is being played on my ipad and iphone. I need to have a good play about I think and read some of the wiki. I still don't know what player is though or where that came from. My goal is to have the Denon as the only method of playing the music

Once again, thank you so much for responding

Paul

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 12:52:43 pm »

Somehow (and I don't know how) I now have the option on the main pc where the media server sits to select something called Player or Denon CEOL.

"Player" is the a/v output of your PC. If your PC a/v output is attached to your Denon by analog cables, HDMI, or USB then playing from MC to "Player" sends the signal through that cable.

"Denon CEOL" is (probably) the Denon's UPnP / DLNA Digital Media Renderer on your home network. In that case playing from MC to "Denon CEOL" sends (probably) the signal over the LAN.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

pks1414

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 04:24:35 am »

I don't have anything connected to the pc apart from the monitor, however I discovered on the app settings, there is an option to have the server control the app or the app control the server. When I changed that to the second option I was able to select 'Denon CEOL' and it stayed on that option rather than reverting straight back to 'Player'.

I only use the PC and JRiver to add music or create playlists( mainly because it's in another room in the house), I don't use it to control the playback of music, that is all done through the jremote app. I'm hoping that this will now sort me out now, the only issue I have is how long it takes for the app to show the Denon. I will let you know

Thanks

Paul

pks1414

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 05:06:11 am »

All resolved,I now have the app controlling the pc software, the downside it takes for the app to pick up the Denon, 5 minutes this morning  ?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 05:44:38 am »

All resolved,I now have the app controlling the pc software, the downside it takes for the app to pick up the Denon, 5 minutes this morning  ?

You may have a LAN / router issue on your LAN. It sounds like (some of) the UPnP discovery messages are getting lost.

Ensure that tablet, Denon, and PC all have a unique reserved IP address on your router (so the address won't change each time you turn on the device, and so devices won't use the same address). Ensure that your router supports forwarding of UDP multicast and monocast datagrams (so UPnP discovery messages are forwarded). Check you don't have other devices resp. applications flooding your LAN with UDP datagrams.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up