INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorites?  (Read 1904 times)

Karl Beem

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Favorites?
« on: December 11, 2015, 07:18:31 am »

I have chosen my Favorite channels, now how to use them?  I have seen your documentation for EPG - it is incomprehensible.  I do not use theater view.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Favorites?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 08:05:34 am »

Try using Theater View. 

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 08:18:12 am »

*There may be an easier way to do this, I just don't know it*

I don't believe there is a way to make use of the "Favorite" channel list from within standard view, however all is not lost, though getting similar functionality in Standard view will take some effort.

Theater View kind of "Does it for you" as it gives you a specific "Favorite" EPG grid.

If you just want a list of your favourite channels with no program data -

Go to Playlists > Right Click > New Smartlist

then choose

File Type is tvlb.

From there, you can give your favourite stations a 5 star rating, edit the smartlist to only display 5 star ratings.

But here goes if you want full program data and you're up for a challenge...

Go to Playlists > Right Click > New Smartlist.

Under Rules, select Custom > ~d=g. This will give you a list of all programs on all channels.

Then ensure you have TV Channel tag showing in the list. This won't be your regular channel number (it's one JR assigns somehow).

You'll need to make a list of the channel numbers corresponding to your favourite channels by determining them from the list of programs.

When you've done that, you can edit the smartlist so

Custom > ~d = g

AND

TV Channel is x OR
TV Channel is y OR
TV Channel is z etc...  

Jim, Perhaps it would be possible to add a "Favourite Channels" option to the selection window that shows "All Programs", "To be recorded" etc in standard view?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 08:30:02 pm »

The expression to limit channels displayed, using one of the "set rules for file display..." dialogues is;

Code: [Select]
[=TVInfo(ChannelKeywords)&DataType=[list]]=[Favorite]
You can copy it from the Theatre View/Guide/Favorite view setup in Tools/Options/Theatre View/Items to show.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up