INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Issue?  (Read 2427 times)

GaryWW

• World Citizen
Cover Art Issue?
« on: December 14, 2015, 10:16:31 am »

I did a search and couldn't find any issue similar to mine so it may not even be something that MC 21 is doing but...

Taking music video downloads from Youtube as an example. With MC 21 open and looking at the list of music videos, I will see a "screen capture" of an image from the video and that’s ok. But sometime later, something will look for cover art from the internet and if it finds pretty much anything at all, it will save it. And, on my system, it will do this for a dozen or more at a time and most do not match the video or artist. Yesterday cover art for The  Veronicas' "Bang Bang" video was saved without my permission. When I view the picture, it obviously has nothing to do with the artist or video.

Does this sound like something MC 21 is doing and how can I control it if it is?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art Issue?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 10:35:34 am »

I'm guessing that get TV and Movie Info is turned on in your auto import options.  I'm honestly not sure what the mechanism is, but there are several things you can check and try.

A.  Check the Media Type and Media Sub Type for the files in question.  I would expect you'd want the Type to be Video and the Sub Type to be Music Video.  They might be automatically tagged as Movie or TV Show, which is wrong and might be responsible for these lookups.
B.  Check the setting for auto import.  Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Configure auto import > Tasks > Get Movie and TV info. 
C.  You can force MC to write the current cover art to disk and then it shouldn't get updated by any kind of automated thumbnail rebuilding.  A FULL lookup of Get Movie and TV Info would probably still overwrite the cover art though.  To tell it to save the current cover art to disk:  <right click on file> Cover Art > Save cover art to external location..

Brian.

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 11:14:52 am »

I'm guessing that get TV and Movie Info is turned on in your auto import options.  I'm honestly not sure what the mechanism is, but there are several things you can check and try.

A.  Check the Media Type and Media Sub Type for the files in question.  I would expect you'd want the Type to be Video and the Sub Type to be Music Video.  They might be automatically tagged as Movie or TV Show, which is wrong and might be responsible for these lookups.
B.  Check the setting for auto import.  Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Configure auto import > Tasks > Get Movie and TV info. 
C.  You can force MC to write the current cover art to disk and then it shouldn't get updated by any kind of automated thumbnail rebuilding.  A FULL lookup of Get Movie and TV Info would probably still overwrite the cover art though.  To tell it to save the current cover art to disk:  <right click on file> Cover Art > Save cover art to external location..

Brian.

Thanks Brian.

Both "Get Movie and TV info" and "Get Cover Art" is turned on in my auto import options but the thing is, this is happening for videos that were imported days/weeks/months/years ago. Even more odd; not all videos have been affected (yet?). BTW, all videos are stored by artist (e.g.
Videos/Artist 1/Video 1.mp4
                Video 2.wmv
       Artist 2/Video 1.mp4
                Video 2.mp4
). Confirmed for all videos affected, the "Media Type" is Video and the "Media Sub Type" is Music Video.

mpg732

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 10:17:28 am »

For my music videos, I just manually add cover art from file.  Never had an issue with it changing after I set it.

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 09:54:42 am »

For my music videos, I just manually add cover art from file.  Never had an issue with it changing after I set it.

I also do that but usually only for music videos that come from DVD or BD rips; there will be DVD/BD case cover images that can be used for the cover art. That is not the case for most Youtube downloads. When no image has been saved, MC will display the first(?) image from the video. But it seems that it can't live with that and it ties to get an image it can save. I don't really know when it does this; when it imports any other video? Maybe I should turn off the Get Cover Art import option and manually add the cover art myself?
Pages: [1]   Go Up