INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Very Odd Tagging Issue: Multiple Entries Showing For Each Song  (Read 2218 times)

Snookboy

• Recent member
Very Odd Tagging Issue: Multiple Entries Showing For Each Song
« on: December 16, 2015, 03:21:59 pm »

I have about a dozen out of a few thousand albums that are showing up in the library very oddly.  Let's say you have an album that has three songs, Song1, Song2, Song3.  The library will show 9 songs.  It will show each one three times.  But...if you click on the 1st instance of Song1 and check the tag, it's correct.  Click on the 2nd instance of Song1 and check the tag, it's referring to the file for Song2.  And so on.

On Song2, the first instance will refer to Song1, the second to Song2 (the correct tag) and the 3rd to Song3.

If the album had 10 songs, the library would list 100 songs.  10 Instances of each, but each instance of one song referring to one of the ten.

Very odd.  The only thing I see is that when I look at the tags for these songs, they all appear to have an album type (non-editable field) of "single artist (incomplete)". 

Anyone ever see the before?  Any quick way to remedy?  Thanks. 

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Very Odd Tagging Issue: Multiple Entries Showing For Each Song
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 03:48:08 pm »

What view are you seeing this in?

A screenshot might help.  This is definitely something I personally have never seen before.  :)

Brian.

Snookboy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 04:47:30 pm »

Here's a screen shot of one album.  The album has 8 songs.  So the first song, Shining Star, is shown 8 times.  The first instance of Shining Star refers to Shining Star.  The second instance of Shining Star refers to the second song, That's The Way Of The World.

The first instance of That's the Way of the World will refer to Shining Star.  The second instance of the second song will refer to the correct file.  The third instance of the third song will reference the correct file.  Etc. 

It's got to be something in the tagging somehow as I've imported the music into two separate libraries and they both exhibit the same behavior. 

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 04:52:26 pm »

Sort of hard to see what's going on in that shot, but I think I see something odd.  Why do the file names end in ";1" ?  As far as I know, that means individual songs in an SACD ISO.  OR something to do with CUE files.  I don't use CUE files, so I'm not super sure how they work in MC.

Do you have cue files in those directories?

Brian.

Snookboy

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 04:59:05 pm »

No cue files.  But yes, they all end in numbers, consecutive.  So the first instance of Shining Star refers to Shining Star and ends in 1.  The first instance of That's The Way of The World refers to Shining Star and that file name will end in 2.  

The first instance of the 3rd song will point to Shining Star and it will end in 3.  Effing odd. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up