INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flac files playing as MP3's  (Read 3156 times)

j-mo

• Recent member
Flac files playing as MP3's
« on: December 20, 2015, 12:47:42 am »

Hello,

I have my entire library in Files.  I have MC20 talking to my Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 streamer. My system was acting up today (No media network found) so I reinstalled MC20.  I got everything working again but now all tracks display as 320 K mp3 files.  I have gone to Media Network > Audio Conversion and set to 'never convert.'  I have also set to convert to 16 bit and 24 bit PCM and no luck.

Flacs were working just fine, not sure what happened.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Flac files playing as MP3's
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 01:13:21 am »

Try restoring a backup.  It should also restore your settings.  MC makes automatic backups.

j-mo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 02:18:32 pm »

Try restoring a backup.  It should also restore your settings.  MC makes automatic backups.

That did it thanks.  The Media Server setting is now set "Convert Audio if necessary - MP3 High Bandwidth."   So, not sure if that setting has any affect.  Anyway, its back to playing the right flac format.

thanks again.

biggin165

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 02:43:04 pm »

I search through the past post's to see if I could find a solution to a similar problem previously posted.  I have tried the recommended solution however I had to create a new library to make it work. For some unknown reason it has reverted once again.  My library's indicate the file is a Flac file however when I play out in the living room its displayed as MP3 with no cover art.  If I play direct stream (to a network device) over the network  I get the same result. Its like something within the software is converting everything to MP3 before playing I search through the Tool options to see if something is set to convert but did not find anything.  I check default programs to see if JRiver is still the default program and it was.

biggin165

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 05:54:45 pm »

Finally fixed my issue I added a new DLNA server and set option to only play original format.
Pages: [1]   Go Up