INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User Data Field - Relational to Album Artist?  (Read 1145 times)

mattlauck

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
User Data Field - Relational to Album Artist?
« on: December 22, 2015, 03:08:35 pm »

Greetings,

I would like to have a user created library field that would be relational to the 'Album Artist' or 'Album Artist (auto)' field.
Currently I only see relational options for 'Artist', 'Album' and 'Series'.

Does anyone have a work around or suggestion?
Could this be done as a future feature?

------------------
I would like to create a field for 'Tag Artist'.
The field would allow me to select the Album Artist and tag (as an example)  'Favorite Artist', or 'Ohio Music'.
I want the field 'Tag Artist' to be relational to 'Album Artist (auto)' so I set the tag ONCE per selection.
Setting this field to 'Favorite Artist' for the band Black Keys would change all current and FUTURE tracks with an Album Artist (Auto) containing 'Black Keys' to 'Favorite'.

Currently it will only allow me to choose 'Artist' as relational which if the track is by the Artist 'Black Keys featuring ?@$#$' it will not tag as 'Favorite'

Album Artist and Album Artist (auto) tags are so essential to the superior library management functions of MC, I use them extensively to sort, I would love them to be able to be used to a better extent.
'Artist' is almost useless to me when sorting other than when looking at Multiple Artist' albums.

-----------------
I have a rather extensive multi-media collection and need very good tools to par down content to usable chunks and to save time when tagging.

The relational user fields currently save me a great deal of time in relationship to tagging TV shows as I set Fields for Series Genre, Series Start, Series End, and Video Series to be relational to 'series' which means I only set once per series and NOT every time I import a new episode.
I am looking for ways to use relational functions in many more ways.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be grateful.
Thanks,

mattlauck

Pages: [1]   Go Up