INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ignore, I'm an idiot  (Read 2012 times)

skifastbadly

• Junior Woodchuck
Ignore, I'm an idiot
« on: December 23, 2015, 03:09:35 pm »

Well, 'server', actually, but the subject line ran out of space.

This is probably the wrong place to post this but I couldn't find the right place.

Several months ago I was fiddling with the Raspberry Pi as a server and I got through most of the steps and it was running fine except there were occasional drop outs.   I ran out of time and patience so I put the thing in a drawer and forgot about it for a bit.

Now I have some time to try and resolve, but the trial license ran out.  No surprise.  I was more than happy to purchase the Master License upgrade today, heck, I'm getting more than my money's worth out of MC.  But when I try to enter the restore the license using the supplied key, I get the following message:

"There was a problem restoring the license.

Error details:

There was a problem communicating with the license server."

Am I missing a step or is the server down?

Thanks

Craig

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient

Well, 'server', actually, but the subject line ran out of space.

This is probably the wrong place to post this but I couldn't find the right place.

Several months ago I was fiddling with the Raspberry Pi as a server and I got through most of the steps and it was running fine except there were occasional drop outs.   I ran out of time and patience so I put the thing in a drawer and forgot about it for a bit.

Now I have some time to try and resolve, but the trial license ran out.  No surprise.  I was more than happy to purchase the Master License upgrade today, heck, I'm getting more than my money's worth out of MC.  But when I try to enter the restore the license using the supplied key, I get the following message:

"There was a problem restoring the license.

Error details:

There was a problem communicating with the license server."

Am I missing a step or is the server down?

Thanks

Craig

How did you try to restore the license?  The in program method doesn't always work correctly out of the box.  The Raspberry Pi tutorials have a more "foolproof" way to register the license, did you try that method?

skifastbadly

• Junior Woodchuck

RTFD, as they say.

Read the _ documentation.  I went back and looked at the excellent write up on installation, and it was right there.

D'oh!
Pages: [1]   Go Up