INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import folder  (Read 2757 times)

skookumshs

Import folder
« on: January 02, 2016, 11:50:01 am »

Re-orged my hard disk and re-imported my music which consists of 210gb ripped cd's aiff. substantial number of my cd's ended in Unknown album by unknown artist.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Import folder
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 11:58:09 am »

Check the Album Artist tag.

skookumshs

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 02:28:00 pm »

Tags are empty. Added first manually OK. How can I get them to update automatically? Thanks.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 02:49:40 pm »

It sounds like a lot of your files don't have tags in them.  If the file names and/or directory names have the information, you can probably use this tool to help:

Tools > Library Tools > Fill properties from filename

You may have to design your own template, but that's not too hard.  The preview shows you what tags it is going to change before you press OK.  You may need to do this in groups of files that are laid out in a similar way, or do multiple passes.

In the future, you should consider doing your disk reorganization using JRiver's built in tool:  Rename, Move, and Copy files.  It's designed to do these kinds of moves and help you maintain a very organized setup on disk.  Good luck!

Brian.

skookumshs

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 04:06:08 pm »

don't know why the tags would be missing. with the exception of one album purchased from hdtracks, all my cd's were ripped using jrmc.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 04:12:47 pm »

Examine the tags with an external tool to verify.  Or look at MC's tag dump.  You can look at the tag dump from the Tagging Window.  Click the very first line in the Tagging Window that shows the Format, the duration, and the file size.  It will bring up a second window with the raw tags so you can see what's in the files.

If there are tags in the files, MC should be able to read them and populate the standard fields (album, artist, track name, etc).

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up